Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Range Rover plows through bikes at NYC annual ride.
09-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Range Rover plows through bikes at NYC annual ride.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846

Basically a guy in a Range Rover accidentally hits a biker in a huge group during an annual ride event. Apparently other riders attacked the car and the man panicked because his wife and kid were with him so he drove over a few bikes to get out of there. Other riders chase him, he runs over another bike and then finally gets caught up in traffic where someone takes their helmet and smashes his window in. Conflicting reports about possible deaths. Some say people die, others say no one died.

Yay for Public Relations!!! Whutthefuk

More info here - - > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-ride.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2013, 09:33 AM
RE: Range Rover plows through bikes at NYC annual ride.
I kind of want to see what happened after he cut the video off.

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
09-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Another link says that police report that there was only 1 injury of which there were only minor cuts and scrapes to someones face, not mentioning who it was.

On top of the 2013 FJR1300AD©, or FIONA as I call her.
09-30-2013, 04:54 PM
At :28 the rider cuts off the range rover and slows way down prior to impact......
09-30-2013, 06:27 PM
most recent reports say this was a rally for stunters or something like that and the riders became upset when the man driving called the cops...

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
09-30-2013, 08:28 PM
this is one of the guys who got ran over.. Somehow i see it as tragic but still no sympathy from me

On top of the 2013 FJR1300AD©, or FIONA as I call her.
09-30-2013, 08:30 PM
I would have done the same if I was in the SUV with my wife and kids if I felt I was being boxed in or harassed. If they were just going around me and minding their own business, then carry on and enjoy the ride. Not sure if this is the case here. We sure this didn't happen in Vegas?

Also, Who the fuck brake checks an SUV?????? Idiot. That's just asking to be ran over.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
09-30-2013, 08:55 PM
It seems there is a certain type of rider that thinks they can randomly shut down a rode and perform illegal activities without consequence. Then, when an incident like this happens, they blame everyone else(accidents, injuries, police intervention, etc). I'm glad I don't ride like this or put myself in these situations. I don't own the rode, nor do I act like it. I'm sorry the guy has these injuries, but IMO they were totally avoidable.
10-01-2013, 03:25 AM
The FUCKED UP part of all of this is the man in the SUV is 37 I think and had his wife and 2 year old child with him. Had I been the driver of that SUV, I can ASSURE you that there would have been bullets flying OUT of that car, not just running over someone to get away. This is 100% on the bikers IMO and not that I wish anyone get hurt riding a motorcycle, they were asking for something REALLY bad to happen. Unfortunately, it only takes one person to do something stupid and the mob mentality kicks in.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

10-01-2013, 03:28 AM
(09-30-2013 08:28 PM)Howie B Wrote:  this is one of the guys who got ran over.. Somehow i see it as tragic but still no sympathy from me

OK, the text on this angers me. That video plays in a court room and there isnt a jury IN THE WORLD that would convict the driver of the SUV for anything. Whats interesting is the uproar of motorcyclist in the comments of the various websites that the video is posted - all in SUPPORT of the driver of the rover.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious