Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Range Rover plows through bikes at NYC annual ride.
10-01-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: Range Rover plows through bikes at NYC annual ride.
We all get pissed off at people in traffic for different reasons, some justified, some not. That does not mean we get to dish out our own form of justice on the spot. Only a judge has that power, and only after a proper trial. But we all have a right to defend ourselves with deadly force when threatened (at least for now..).

The biker that initiated the sequence of events (knowingly slowing down in front of the SUV) that caused an accident is guilty of reckless driving (and if someone died) manslaughter. No jury will convict that SUV driver who was about to suffer the same fate as Reginald Denny (LA Riots truck driver pulled from his truck by a mob at the intersection of Florence and Normandy in LA).

Just like none of us will ever tolerate anyone taking over a plane we are flying on. We all know how that ends, and that's why it has never happened since 9/11 and probably never will. For those of us that lived through the LA Riots, we will not let any mob pull us out of a car without a fight.

We live in a society where some people seem entitled to make their own rules and dish out their own form of punishment. The biker got what was coming to him, and got off easy in my mind. More than one would be dead if they tried to pull me out of my car with my family in it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 08:12 AM
From what I can see on the video, the motorcyclists are wrong, and gives the motorcyclist community a bad name. As far as I'm concerned the SUV driver was right to protect himself and family. Gun, knife, fists, SUV, all weapons to be used if necessary. We should all speak up against this sort of activity.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
10-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Idiots. Everyone involved.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
10-01-2013, 01:01 PM
(10-01-2013 03:28 AM)That Guy Wrote:  
(09-30-2013 08:28 PM)Howie B Wrote:  this is one of the guys who got ran over.. Somehow i see it as tragic but still no sympathy from me

OK, the text on this angers me. That video plays in a court room and there isnt a jury IN THE WORLD that would convict the driver of the SUV for anything. Whats interesting is the uproar of motorcyclist in the comments of the various websites that the video is posted - all in SUPPORT of the driver of the rover.

- Justin

Can you link one or two of the sites you read these comments on? I'd be interested in reading them.

I also agree that no matter what the SUV driver may have done, it NEVER becomes okay to take the law into your own hands, and it just kills me that when groups of riders like this get together and act like assholes, they all seem to forget that a 400lb bike vs a 3500lb car/truck is ALWAYS a losing situation for the motorcyclist.

Side note: You mean to tell me in 2013 an "upscale" vehicle like a Range Rover doesn't have automatic locking door locks?
10-01-2013, 02:49 PM
(09-30-2013 08:55 PM)Hammer Wrote:  It seems there is a certain type of rider that thinks they can randomly shut down a rode and perform illegal activities without consequence.

In the words of Philip DeFranco, you don't bring a motorcycle to a car fight!
10-01-2013, 03:10 PM
40,000 cops in NYC but never one around when you need one..poor dude was left to fend for himself mad max style.

After watching the whole six minute video, I added two extra clips in my car today. I see 16 is just not enough somedays.. Smile
10-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I Saw That Too R3K
10-01-2013, 07:42 PM
(10-01-2013 01:01 PM)R3K Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 03:28 AM)That Guy Wrote:  
(09-30-2013 08:28 PM)Howie B Wrote:  this is one of the guys who got ran over.. Somehow i see it as tragic but still no sympathy from me

OK, the text on this angers me. That video plays in a court room and there isnt a jury IN THE WORLD that would convict the driver of the SUV for anything. Whats interesting is the uproar of motorcyclist in the comments of the various websites that the video is posted - all in SUPPORT of the driver of the rover.

- Justin

Can you link one or two of the sites you read these comments on? I'd be interested in reading them.

I also agree that no matter what the SUV driver may have done, it NEVER becomes okay to take the law into your own hands, and it just kills me that when groups of riders like this get together and act like assholes, they all seem to forget that a 400lb bike vs a 3500lb car/truck is ALWAYS a losing situation for the motorcyclist.

Side note: You mean to tell me in 2013 an "upscale" vehicle like a Range Rover doesn't have automatic locking door locks?

here is one... i'll try and find the others. I was looking at a few sources today but didnt save them.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/...s#comments
scroll down a bit past the "im a bad ass with a gun" crap.
- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
10-01-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree with "The Guy" ! Sucks the rider is hurt . Simple solution don't be a fucking retard on your bike! If that was me in the suv with my family you better be good at "Mr. Frogger", and hope I'm unarmed!

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
10-02-2013, 05:49 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/wife-biker-husband...14964.html

yahoo actually covered the story..

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious