Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Range Rover plows through bikes at NYC annual ride.
10-02-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: Range Rover plows through bikes at NYC annual ride.
Apparently, Mieses (the guy that got ran over) has a criminal history of riding infractions and is banned from driving in Massachusetts until 2017, as the Boston Globe reports.

Also, there is some video out there of the riders being asshats before the incident.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-foo...36/@orlove

Here's the FB account of the "Justice for Jay Meeze" they set up. Apparently, they think he's a "victim"...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-F...4345601619
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 12:47 PM
More videos of them riding like asshats just before the incident here:

Liveleak

Apparently they are trying to delete all of the associated videos...I wonder why?
10-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Youtube news report:

10-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Organized ride my ass. Looks very unorganized. All the rides I've been on, we stay to the far right lane to allow motorists to pass and go about their business. Did I see dirt bikes with no license plates? They said on the news the cops confiscated over 50 bikes! You know the saying, do unto others as they have done unto you.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
10-02-2013, 03:38 PM
(10-02-2013 03:30 PM)the falcon Wrote:  Organized ride my ass. Looks very unorganized. All the rides I've been on, we stay to the far right lane to allow motorists to pass and go about their business. Did I see dirt bikes with no license plates? They said on the news the cops confiscated over 50 bikes! You know the saying, do unto others as they have done unto you.

dont forget the quads that were there too!

Bunch of jackasses that frankly, were asking for trouble. The fella that got hurt bad, paralyzed, the guy they are playing off as the victim in all this, has a suspended license, a history of violation and apparently was proud of and frequently rapped about his career as a cocaine dealer. Real upstanding citizen clearly. Certainly a model citizen that was ruthlessly run over because he was assisting the other guy in the accident, who btw, was not even knocked over, just bumped. I suppose the other guys that were rushing the vehicle were just assisting as well and slipped and accidentally slashed tires on the range rover.

a bunch of fucking clowns. I can only hope that a jury hangs these fuckers and makes an example of them. I personally feel that the guy smashing the window and that beat the driver to within an inch of his life should be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (his helmet, oh, and the knife he used) as well as attempted first degree murder in addition to reckless driving, reckless endangerment and felony menacing he is already facing.

normally I would side with most motorcycles, but these fucktards asked for this and more. Again, had that been me in the car, I would have done a WHOLE lot more than run them down.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
10-02-2013, 06:26 PM
I agree with that guy. I also have to agree that he was a victim, not of the SUV driver, but a victim of circumstance. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for second. So maybe he did get off to help his buddy. However, the circumstances regarding the situation in which caused him to dismount his steed, was completely unacceptable and forced someone to make a "life saving" decision. In this case it was to get away from an angry mob of hooligans.

Sucks, but is what it is.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
10-02-2013, 08:16 PM
What's really depressing is that the one guy with the camera thought the whole incident was so entertaining that he posted the videos online, and he was in such a hurry to do so, that he didn't realize that he was posting evidence that goes AGAINSGT their claim of being the victim and that the group hadn't done anything wrong. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be, both with themselves, and one another.

It truly sucks that because of a rash decision made in the blink of an eye, that man's life (and his family's) has been turned upside down and will never be the same. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people that act that way are just asking for it, and eventually, if they don't change their ways, they usually get what they deserve.
10-03-2013, 06:47 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201210860167803

same group apparently. If this is the same group and ANYONE actually thinks that anyone that is part of this group is some kind of "victim" then you have a seriously fucked up view of reality.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
10-03-2013, 10:31 AM
(10-03-2013 06:47 AM)That Guy Wrote:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201210860167803

same group apparently. If this is the same group and ANYONE actually thinks that anyone that is part of this group is some kind of "victim" then you have a seriously fucked up view of reality.

- Justin

DAMN!!! Running red lights, riding on wrong side of street, impeding traffic, speeding, wreckless endangerment, exhibition of speed, riding on the side walk. Just to name a few. Not to mention the vehicle infractions and rider infractions, like method of display of license plate, no registration, no mirrors, no turn signals, non-DOT helmets.

Why do these idiots still have bikes?

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
10-03-2013, 03:20 PM
News Update:

http://social.newsinc.com/media/json/690...8.facebook

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious