Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
SuperStock Engine Build
08-07-2012, 12:55 PM
SuperStock Engine Build
Does anyone know of a shop in CA/NV/AZ that are well know engine builders?

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: SuperStock Engine Build
(08-07-2012 12:55 PM)Pcone16 Wrote:  Does anyone know of a shop in CA/NV/AZ that are well know engine builders?

I got one saved on my bookmarks at the house...ill post up the link when i get home later.
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM
There are a few, you know how to get ahold of me!

(08-07-2012 12:55 PM)Pcone16 Wrote:  Does anyone know of a shop in CA/NV/AZ that are well know engine builders?
08-07-2012, 06:34 PM

Geared Up Moto has a "world renowned" engine builder. We take care of getting the engine to the builder and let the builder know the exact application which the customer is seeking! This engine builder stands behind his product and Geared Up Moto stands behind the product as well! We take care of billing and transport so the customer has no headache! Please let us know if you need your sportbike engine built and we would be glad to help out! Thank you!

Your Friends,

Geared Up Motorcycle Performance
6965 Speedway Blvd Suite X-103
Las Vegas, NV 89115
(702) 228-4327 Shop
jourdan@gearedupmoto.com
08-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Nvm....dead link..lol.....how much does a job like that usually cost?
08-08-2012, 02:10 PM

What year, make, model? CC? Do you want a street build, supersport, superstock or a full build? I recommend a milled head, high comp head gasket, head studs, certi or three angle valve job, adjustable cam gears and degreeing the cams! Then we will bring it to a tuner after assembly. I recommend Steve at Dyno Tech. He is an excellent tuner! Again, I need to know specific details on how you will be using the bike and what you are looking for along with year make and model!

Thank you,

Geared Up Moto
Las Vegas, NV 89115
(702) 228-GEAR
gearedupmoto.com
jourdan@gearedupmoto.com
08-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I need to get a few thing like (Suspension) first before I get anykind of engine work done! This was more of a general enquiry. I am looking to get a better understanding of what can be done with the engine, cost, performance, reliability,

Bike: 2009 gsxr 1000. This bike would be a race bike, no street. The build would have to be within WERA/CVMA specs, for the superstock classes.

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
08-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Are you goin with a racetech setup or ohlins..... the racetecg gs3 shocks look pretty cool too ...and i thinkyou can customize the colors of the springs and resivoir.....is that how you spell that???? Oh well..resevoir......??????i heard percormance is almost the same.....is that true?.
08-08-2012, 08:23 PM
(08-08-2012 06:38 PM)dirty650rat Wrote:  Are you goin with a racetech setup or ohlins..... the racetecg gs3 shocks look pretty cool too ...and i thinkyou can customize the colors of the springs and resivoir.....is that how you spell that???? Oh well..resevoir......??????i heard percormance is almost the same.....is that true?.

Youre looking at about $1,500 for a full blown top end "Superstock" LEGAL head build. That includes all parts and labor along with re-assembly. Just a rough figure. Could be more, could be less depending on how far you want to go with it!
08-08-2012, 08:31 PM

PS! Thats as reliable as it gets with optimal hp gains! And its superstock legal. Also, we are a certified Race Tech, Ohlins, Penske and traction Dynamics distributor. If you need any suspension components, we can get them for you, install them and set the bike up! Also we can create optimal geometry with your race bike by adding fork cap extendors and or rear links getting the best rake/trail/wheel base to get your bike handling at optimal performance! If you are serious about any of the above questions we are here 10 am to 6 pm mon through Fri! Stop in and get a feel for what we have to offer! We offer alot of services but our specialty is crash repair and RACE SETUP! Smile

Geared Up Motorcycle Performance
Las Vegas, NV 89115
(702) 228-4327
jourdan@gearedupmoto.com

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious