Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Government Shutdown
10-08-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Government Shutdown
(10-03-2013 03:59 PM)nvryder Wrote:  Apparently Obama thinks it's more important to use his own money to keep open a muslim museum....

Obama Pays for Muslim Muesum to Remain Open

OK, this comment just urks the fuck out of me. Firstly, what does it matter that he chooses to use his own money to fund whatever the fuck he wants to? It has nothing to do with whether is it a Muslim museum, a mosque, or if he wants to just take all his money and spend it on hookers and blow (ok so maybe there is some legal issues there, but regardless that would be his choice to do so). How about anyone giving money to thier christian or catholic, or Mormon churches? should they all be put on the firing line for criticism for doing that during the shutdown?

Have you ever made a charitable donation to anything? well if you have, apparently you think that donation is more important than any one of the tens of thousands of homeless or sick or unemployed and by your logic, we should all castrate you for that.

This is simply a PRIME example of the hate mongering of the GOP spinning a story to work for whatever agenda they are trying to push. This has NOTHING to do with anything but throw the word muslim into a story and suddenly he's funding terrorism, or at least that is the mindset of most of the conservative/religious right that they are trying to strike a nerve with. Its all about skewing or spinning a perspective to cater to a certain demographic through association to something in a negative manner.

As Matt said, Good for him. He is doing something with his own money that HELPS people, not just himself, and even more so, doing it because its a good thing to do, instead of doing it to use as strategic move to make the other side look bad (for example: GOP funding to open memorials by paying for security/rangers and then using that to say "nana nana boo boo, were better than you." That is simply the lowest of the low. If your going to do something to help someone, then do it to help someone, not to gain - no, manufacture, at the expense of others - a one-up on the other side.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fully supporting the Libs either here. Everyone needs to pull their heads out of their asses and fix this shit. We are truly the joke of the rest of the civilized world. But I am criticizing the GOP for doing all of this solely to block the ACA that was passed (Ahem, 3 years ago!), made into law, upheld by the supreme court and then enacted - and primarily because it might actually work and the GOP might be wrong.

- Justin

DISCLAIMER: If I jump in your shit about a political post or comment, is is solely for the purpose of the context and topic and has no reflection on what I (or the club) think(s)/feel(s) about you as a person and fellow motorcyclist. While opinions vary, we are all entitled to them and I respect that.

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2013, 04:55 PM
He never did donate to the muslim museum. It was a joke and the repubs thought it was real. Like i said, Fox Views, they only report what people think, not actual news.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
10-08-2013, 04:59 PM
(10-08-2013 04:55 PM)the falcon Wrote:  He never did donate to the muslim museum. It was a joke and the repubs thought it was real. Like i said, Fox Views, they only report what people think, not actual news.

Didnt read it, didnt care to because it was irrelevant anyway... my statements still stand.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
(10-08-2013 04:55 PM)the falcon Wrote:  He never did donate to the muslim museum. It was a joke and the repubs thought it was real. Like i said, Fox Views, they only report what people think, not actual news.

Just some reference to further validate Fox News incompetence:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fox...37793.html

It is baffling to me that peeps who regurgitate this stuff don't take two seconds to vet their information.
10-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Here's the way I see it. The politicians are elected by their constituents to represent them. If a politician wants to be reelected (and most if not all do) they will vote the way there constituents want. The way the Fed. Gov. is set up (three equal branches) it's difficult to get stuff passed. This is the way the founding fathers wanted it. Therefor I tend not to blame the Government, I blame the voting public. After all, we have the government we voted for. I guarantee you if the shoe was on the other foot, the Democrats would be using the same strategies the Republicans are, and should. "All is fair in love and war."

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious