Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Government Shutdown
10-04-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Government Shutdown
By the way, I was a registered republican for 30 years.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Obamacare or not, does not really matter at this point, no one is going to pay back the 16 (?) trillion in debt..which will probably be 25-30 trillion in 10 years. Obama is just the latest gutless clown in a long line of idiots that have failed to do anything in the last 30 years.

It's real easy to give away others peoples money. Politicians do it all the time. It's all they know..

When the shit hits the fan one day (ala Greece or Argentina style), then 30% of the federal workforce will be let go, and all benefits cut 30% to get to a true balanced budget. (which should be done now).

30 million people are about to get free healthcare in 90 days, who do you think is going to pay for that?

While it is morally reprehensible to let people die for lack of health care, it is equally morally reprehensible to bankrupt the country trying to do it.
10-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Not having insurance is far more expensive to the taxpayers than anything ObamaCare proposes. Free preventative care helps eliminate the more expensive problems later on so that potential problems can be stopped or treated before they become big problems that people cant pay for anyway. The only people that benefit from our current system is private hospitals at the taxpayers expense.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
(10-05-2013 03:20 PM)That Guy Wrote:  Not having insurance is far more expensive to the taxpayers than anything ObamaCare proposes. Free preventative care helps eliminate the more expensive problems later on so that potential problems can be stopped or treated before they become big problems that people cant pay for anyway. The only people that benefit from our current system is private hospitals at the taxpayers expense.

- Justin

This.

[Image: hF7D087D8]

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-07-2013, 07:47 AM
It all comes down to budget priorities. Fund foreign wars? Farm subsidies? Defense contractors?

Of course a logical person would choose health care first for people, but these are the decisions/choices our elected representatives have already made. This is what leaders get paid to do, but they are failing to lead, and when they do that people die for lack of proper health care. Bankrupting the country just makes us all poor and will lead to health care for no one down the line.

Right now we subsidize bikers with no helmet (as they get free ER services when they crash). Let's say that hospital visit costs $50,000 to treat a head injury? That is 50 mothers (at $1,000 a pop) that did not get pre-natal health care and one other (innocent) new born probably died as a result... Indirectly, we are subsidizing the bikers action to not wear a helmet and denying prenatal care to others who really need it.

Illogical laws already lead to people dying, its just a matter of who we let live and who we let die. Make no mistake, every budget choice has consequences.

I say provide free health care ONLY to anyone that joins CrossFit and shows up three times a week (and does not smoke). We all know exercise is the best prevention to chronic disease. What incentive is there for these 30 million people to change their lifestyle? When you subsidize poor behavior, you only get more of the same..
10-07-2013, 12:13 PM
You had me up until the cross-fit thing... I'm allergic to exercise.....

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-07-2013, 05:34 PM
(10-07-2013 12:13 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  You had me up until the cross-fit thing... I'm allergic to exercise.....

Dancing isn't exercise? Yea right

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM
(10-07-2013 05:34 PM)the falcon Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 12:13 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  You had me up until the cross-fit thing... I'm allergic to exercise.....

Dancing isn't exercise? Yea right

Nope. Dancing is dancing. Totally not exercise.

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
[Image: hAFFAB0F4]

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-08-2013, 03:35 PM
(10-03-2013 03:59 PM)nvryder Wrote:  Apparently Obama thinks it's more important to use his own money to keep open a muslim museum....

Obama Pays for Muslim Muesum to Remain Open

More Fox Views bullshit propaganda. Never believe whats on Fox Views. (We only report what people think)

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious