Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Government Shutdown
10-03-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: Government Shutdown
(10-03-2013 06:27 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  But seriously... can I have your Goldwing?

I'm not 76 yet.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2013, 07:03 PM
(10-03-2013 06:05 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 04:09 PM)nvryder Wrote:  Looks like it's about time for him to fly out on another vacation:

Asia "vacation"

Apparently, the fed govt shuts down but that doesn't apply to Air Force 1 vacation packages....

That's disgusting.... After a government shutdown he's going to Asia to meet with officials over business? Probably over cocktails?! What's next? Him disappearing on his ranch after a natural disaster?! Oh wait...

Yea, that's because the costs between flying to Asia with FULL military support are about the same as a trip to his ranch right? Oh wait....
10-03-2013, 07:16 PM
There are five key steps in the federal budget process:

Step 1: The President submits a budget request to Congress

Step 2: The House and Senate pass budget resolutions

Step 3: House and Senate Appropriations subcommittees “markup” appropriations bills

Step 4: The House and Senate vote on appropriations bills and reconcile differences

Step 5: The President signs each appropriations bill and the budget becomes law....

Looks like the Senate doesn't want to play......
10-03-2013, 07:35 PM
(10-03-2013 07:16 PM)nvryder Wrote:  There are five key steps in the federal budget process:

Step 1: The President submits a budget request to Congress

Step 2: The House and Senate pass budget resolutions

Step 3: House and Senate Appropriations subcommittees “markup” appropriations bills

Step 4: The House and Senate vote on appropriations bills and reconcile differences

Step 5: The President signs each appropriations bill and the budget becomes law....

Looks like the Senate doesn't want to play......

Firstly, they're not creating a budget, they're creating a continuing resolution, since both the Republitards and Demodorks can't agree on anything cause they're dipshits and squabbling children.

Secondly, they're bringing up something that was passed into law in 2010. At this rate why not bring up the old Jefferson v Hamilton debate about a national bank? It's something that has already passed. Let it go.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Both parties suck donkey nuts.
And, an amendment should be put in place to duck their pay whenever they pull crap like this.

(10-03-2013 03:59 PM)nvryder Wrote:  Apparently Obama thinks it's more important to use his own money to keep open a muslim museum....

Obama Pays for Muslim Muesum to Remain Open

More important than what?
What exactly did he decide not to do over this?

(10-03-2013 04:01 PM)nvryder Wrote:  Some important parts of Obamacare (listed by page and section):

Still confused why House Republicans want to defund Obamacare?

Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.
Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.
Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).
Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?)
Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.
Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. AGE 76, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY CANCER TREATMENTS.
Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.
Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)
Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

Still think Obamacare being implemented is no big deal?

Did you check any of that for accuracy?

(10-03-2013 04:09 PM)nvryder Wrote:  Looks like it's about time for him to fly out on another vacation:

Asia "vacation"

Apparently, the fed govt shuts down but that doesn't apply to Air Force 1 vacation packages....

Vacation?
Maybe I read something different in that link
Did you read it?
Can you point me to anything on that report that sounds improper or like a bad idea?

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
10-04-2013, 05:15 AM
(10-03-2013 07:03 PM)nvryder Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 06:05 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  

Asia "vacation"

That's disgusting.... After a government shutdown he's going to Asia to meet with officials over business? Probably over cocktails?! What's next? Him disappearing on his ranch after a natural disaster?! Oh wait...

Yea, that's because the costs between flying to Asia with FULL military support are about the same as a trip to his ranch right? Oh wait....

Now the Asian Summit is a vacation? More bullshit republican propaganda....

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
10-04-2013, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 06:31 AM by R3K.)
(10-03-2013 09:36 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  Every member of Congress but this one! I like her! She's got the lady-balls!

[Image: h313969FF]

I like the fact that she did SOMETHING but if you look at the wording of the letter, she requested that her pay be WITHHELD, not taken. If she receives all her pay once the shutdown is over then what was the point? I'm caught up in this whole furlough bullshit and my pay (as it was explained to us) isn't just being withheld it's being taken altogether. I'm not being paid, OR earning vacation time, because I'm not at work...again, through no fault of my own. To me, "withheld" infers that it's just temporary and that she'll get her pay back when this is all over, but on Tuesday, we weren't told we'd get our pay when this was all over, we were just told that we won't be receiving any paychecks until this situation is resolved and we get back to work. There is the possibility that we'll get back paid (I heard some rumor about it on the news), but nothing official has come down for us to read or sign indicating that we have been told of that plan, and until my leadership puts something in my hand that says I'm going to receive all back pay once this fiasco is over, it ain't happening. But like I said, I like the fact that she did SOMETHING. And I agree with the previous post that whenever the government does a shutdown like this, ALL members of congress, the House, or whoever else is part of the decision making process should also NOT receive any pay until it's all resolved.
10-04-2013, 03:46 PM
57 House Democrats break ranks and support GOP to open parks, support military, and oppose govt shutdown.....

http://washingtonexaminer.com/57-democra..._click=rss

Let me guess, more repub bull right?
10-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Considering most/all of you guys are democrats, I would like to see what your take is on this:

Other than the standard "It's republican propaganda, Fox/Faux news, it's Bushes fault, Oreilly BS" excuses that everyone is tired of hearing. I'm curious to hear your take on this....
10-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Video is currently unavailable. Must be a good video

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious