Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Close call
09-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Close call
My closest call of the month. Although very low speed 40mph ish, I really had nowhere to go. He had me sandwiched between the curb and we were coming to a stop and turn so the box truck was slowing. I just squeezed over near the curb and he smacked my mirror but I stayed up.

He never acknowledged that he saw or heard me even afterwards. He had left hand on the wheel and a cellphone to his right ear. Never looked over just came on over and continued his phone conversation.

Yay for mirrors that swivel!

If you see a blue Dodge Ram with license plate "WORX4ME" tell him I said "fuck you very much for paying attention".

http://youtu.be/2d_R5PdrMj0

Riding hard since 1981 !
- Old Honda 110, Yamaha 100, Suzuki TS 110, Yamaha 400, Yamaha FZR Genesis, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 1000F, Honda CBR 900RR
- Current Kawasaki ZX10 R, Ducati M 1200 S Monster.
Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Close call
goooood lawwwwwwwwd. Glad you are alright!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
09-29-2015, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 07:25 PM by ars0n.)
If he made contact with your bike, that is tech felony hit and run. You can send this video into metro. See if he has prior issues.

Post up on facebook too.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
09-29-2015, 08:21 PM
He would be missing parts if that was me. But glad you're ok

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
09-29-2015, 11:07 PM
First off I'm glad you are ok! The same thing happened to me on Cinco de Mayo about 12 years go. Me and a buddy were headed up Charelston Blvd getting on the 95, around 9 pm. Lady in a red Dodge Ram quad cab was to our left in the center lane when she decided she needed to get on the 95 as well. She must of saw my buddy Walt in her mirror and thought that was me. I was in her blind spot, not by choice, when she came over into my lane. She hit me about 45 mph, I tried to keep the bike up but according to Walt once my tires hit the curb it was a lost cause. My bike tilted towards her truck when she realized she hit me. I was sandwiched between the bike and her truck bed. As she swerved back to the center lane I was off the bike rolling down the street. Walt had to avoid me and my bike so he never got her plate. We didn't know if she went straight on Charelston or got back over to get on the 95. Either way she didn't give a fuck cause she kept going. On the other side of Charleston a motorcycle cop was posted up waiting for people to run the yellow/red light as they got off the freeway. Needless to say he never saw or heard a thing. I still hurt sometimes from that get off so long ago. Like I said before glad you are ok! Be safe out there guys... The cages want your ass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2015, 10:17 AM
(09-29-2015 07:24 PM)ars0n Wrote:  If he made contact with your bike, that is tech felony hit and run. You can send this video into metro. See if he has prior issues.

Do eet.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-02-2015, 12:06 PM
I doubt that the driver even knows he made contact with you. From the looks of the video, he was unaware you were ever there.

FJR1300, ZRX1100
[Image: Amry_patches-sm.png][Image: visited_states.png]
10-02-2015, 03:54 PM
I try to keep my bike in the left-hand portion of the lane to avoid being crowded by traffic. And yes... I don't think that guy even knew you were there or knew that he hit you.
10-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Glad your self.
Turn in the video.
10-10-2015, 08:19 AM
yea turn in the video, or send it up to channel 5's the rant at least and get some airtime haha.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious