Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Beginning rider help.
11-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Beginning rider help.
I am about to turn 18 and I am going to get my license and take the drivers course at csn. I'm wondering what the best bike for me would be, and which bikes would eventually be good on the freeway when I get there. I have no experience I am 5'8 125 lbs. I have people to work with me on riding so that is not an issue. I figured since you all ride the streets out here you could recommend something!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: Beginning rider help.
At your size, the 300 would be a bike you can learn on and continue to ride even on the freeways. The newer 250 and 300 are plenty of bike beyond just a learning bike.

You only get back what you put in!
11-01-2015, 06:04 PM
How new? and something that is inexpensive but that lasts awhile with minor fixes and easy to find around here, and how are other drivers out here with bikes? That is the only deal-breaker that i have about hopping on two wheels!
11-01-2015, 06:21 PM
look around the cbr250r 2009-2013 or the ninja 300 same years...most of the time u can pick one up around 2-3k or if u want to build ur credit early go finance a used one and please ride smart and ride with gear
11-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Can you recommend any that don't look like a sports bike if you know what I mean?
11-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Pickup a 600 cruiser. <--craigslist......Yamaha vstar or something like that. Harley 883 ain't to big either

You only get back what you put in!
11-01-2015, 07:39 PM
(11-01-2015 06:35 PM)brenndenmf Wrote:  Can you recommend any that don't look like a sports bike if you know what I mean?

shoot me a PM with your contact info. I have a few bikes available that you may be interested that would make decent beginner bikes, but that also can get out of their own way when you need em to... and relatively cheap.

I am the unofficial SCS in-house mechanic and I buy, fix and sell bikes regularly.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
11-01-2015, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 07:42 PM by ars0n.)
drivers out here are complete assholes and careless. Ride like you are invisible. Dont ever assume a car sees you. Always slow down when entering an intersection, even if there is a green light. Check your surroundings always. Never ride next to other cars.. lots and lots of other things.. you are starting right by doing a msf course. they will teach you the goods. After that its experience and practice that will keep you alive on these streets. Any 250-300-500cc bike should be perfect to start, just know that you will probably want to change up to a bigger size in a couple of years or year. Depends on how quickly and comfortable you get. Some people prefer 250's and smaller sized bikes, but just know they can be a struggle on highways and freeways..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
11-01-2015, 07:45 PM
yeah one of mine soon for sale is a ninja 500... fun and under-rated bike. runs great, just waiting on paint.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
11-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Yah I assumed as much just based on regular car driving. But whats a fair priced lightweight one with a classic look.

Not so much interested in the speed of 2 wheels but more for insurance and fuel economy.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious