Rate Thread
04-10-2014, 12:36 PM
nitrogen
Do you guys run nitrogen in the tires during the summer? Or just Aust adjust pressures as needed? If so where would aYahoo guy go to get tires purged and filled with nitrogen
thanks

You only get back what you put in!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: nitrogen
(04-10-2014 12:36 PM)ken_zx6r Wrote:  Do you guys run nitrogen in the tires during the summer? Or just Aust adjust pressures as needed? If so where would aYahoo guy go to get tires purged and filled with nitrogen
thanks

You should be checking your tires

A: Everytime you ride
B: Once at least before everytime you ride.
C: Every day you plan on riding.

If you want to get lazy AT LEAST once a week.

Temps, seasons, change pressures..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
04-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Don't bother with it. Even if free.

Just check and adjust pressures often (as needed for your riding/tires) using regular air.

(04-10-2014 12:36 PM)ken_zx6r Wrote:  Do you guys run nitrogen in the tires during the summer? Or just Aust adjust pressures as needed? If so where would aYahoo guy go to get tires purged and filled with nitrogen
thanks

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
04-10-2014, 12:52 PM
I know to check pressures. This is my first summer here so I was looking for locals advise

You only get back what you put in!
04-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Dito And I call bullshit on nitrogen.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
04-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Just stick to air, check your pressures often!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

04-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Regular air is 79% nitrogen, 20% oxygen soooo...

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
04-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Stick to 79% nitrogen and 20% oxygen then.. =D

04-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Id rather just call it air..

04-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Nitrogen has no moisture in it so it does not expand or contracts with the temperature. But you need to get 100% of the air out of the tire to make a difference. So with that be said stick with air

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious