Track!
Trip!
[Show Results]

Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Track or Trip?
08-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Track or Trip?
If you had to choose would you rather do a track day, or go on a motorcycle trip? It can be any trip with any twisties you want. If you could only pick one, which would you prefer? And what are your reasons?

What if you had to make a choice for the rest of your life? Give up track days forever, or give up national parks forever?

[Image: 259914155_94c7201597.jpg]

[Image: 9948.jpg]

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Track or Trip?
That all depends. If money were no object and I could do any track in the world, as often as I wanted, then I'd travel the world Moto GP style and do track days on all the different tracks the world has to offer. But if we're being more realistic, then I'd say I'd have to give up track days and do trips. I've been going on trips now to SoCal for the past few years and I always have a blast. I see more things that I wouldn't normally get the chance to see, meet people, and ride in different situations on roads that can be quite intimidating...and that's part of the excitement. I enjoy my track days, for sure, but I think I may enjoy going on my trips with my buddies a little bit more. Not to mention that the road trips can be somewhat cheaper than doing track days since you don't go through tires or fuel as quickly, and you need far less equipment to do it up right on a road trip as opposed to a track day (EZ-up, tire warmers, generator, maintenance stands, etc.)
08-24-2012, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2012 08:07 PM by dirty650rat.)
Wow...that's a tough one!!!! Way to get my panties all bunched up.... i wish i could answer..i have not done enough of either of the two...and seeing both your pics don't help me either.... i think track days will help you enjoy those public more and get the most out of them..... lol..I'm in the middle...does that answer count????lmfao...i almost live that question though...i can't afford both right now.!!!
08-24-2012, 08:48 PM
At this point in my life with as much traveling as I'm doing I would have to say track. One solid day of riding is all I have time for right now and even those are hard to come by.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
08-24-2012, 09:15 PM
how are there now 5 comments but only 2 votes? get off the fence you pecker whackers!

and I would do non stop trips... you could spend the rest of your life just riding North and South America and there's still 6 other continents!
08-24-2012, 09:35 PM
I guess I would say Track sense I took my bike off the street
08-24-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm definitely for the trip. Track days are wonderful, and they're the one time when you can truly go ALL out. But there's something magical about getting back to nature. The middle of a forest, the top of a mountain. Places where there are no other human beings. Just you, your bike, and maybe some buddies. It's an almost religious experience sometimes. And its still (relatively) cheap. when I did the big bear day-trip it cost me $50 in gas, got to take some amazing pictures, and went to places I've never been before. And while a good portion of the trip was highway miles, I got at least three or four hours of nonstop twisties, none of them repeated. Awesome...

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
08-24-2012, 10:16 PM
That is like asking if you prefer bjs or genital to genital contact. Both are awesome in their own way haha

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure that it is worth watching
08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
(08-24-2012 10:16 PM)CBRrated Wrote:  That is like asking if you prefer bjs or genital to genital contact. Both are awesome in their own way haha

Leave it to CBR to come up with that analogy. Rolleyes

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
08-24-2012, 10:57 PM
(08-24-2012 10:52 PM)Dougk35 Wrote:  
(08-24-2012 10:16 PM)CBRrated Wrote:  That is like asking if you prefer bjs or genital to genital contact. Both are awesome in their own way haha

Leave it to CBR to come up with that analogy. Rolleyes

Bwahahahaaahaha aahahahahahahahah

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious