Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Sponsor my Multiple Sclerosis Bike Ride?
08-10-2012, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 02:58 AM by Mr Pheer.)
Sponsor my Multiple Sclerosis Bike Ride?
Hi Guys

As those of you who follow my Facebooks (rants) will already know, I've recently taken up cycling as my new sport.

I was pretty thrilled to find some charity rides as well, and the MS ride especially, because one of my best friend's wife has been stricken with this disease and it is pretty debilitating. It's sad to see what it does to this wonderful woman in her 40's who is a great wife, and awesome mom, and up until lately, a very dedicated business woman. She is still able to do a lot, but she has had to move her business into the home, and make major cutbacks, and on many days she is simply too afflicted with the symptoms of MS to function normally. She has to have an assistant to come help her to do daily things that the rest of us take for granted.

And without research into this disease, she is likely to only get worse.

She is only one of over 400,000 people in the United States with this disease. I have to admit that I did not know much about it, until my friend's wife was stricken with it. Now I've really learned a lot in a short time.

I have signed up to do two 30-mile rides for the MS Society on November 10th & 11th. This is the weekend of the Aviation Nation Airshow, which I will be skipping this year to instead do the MS bike ride. Those who know what an aviation nut that I am, will recognize that this is a pretty big sacrifice for me.

I got a new bike and have really been putting some miles on it, training to get in shape to do this ride (and others, as I find them). Here it is on the back of my truck:

[Image: bike.jpg]

And here are some of my MapMyRide stats, showing that I've actually been training. The numers will continue to climb daily. I will be in northern california this coming week to train for longer rides. Thats how serious I am about it.

[Image: stats.gif]

I am asking that if anyone is interested in making a tax deductible donation, in any amount that you want even if just $1, please go to my MS Society Contribution Page and make a contribution. The money goes straight to the MS Society, it does not go to me. What I do to earn your contribution is riding my bike 60 miles or even longer in November. Longer, if I can go longer at the time. I'm dedicated to this.

I'd also like to ask any cyclists here in the Las Vegas area, if you are interested, please join my team and come out and ride with me for a worthy cause. You can sign up from the donation page. Would love to see a bunch of team members on the ride with me.

Thank you Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Sponsor my Multiple Sclerosis Bike Ride?
Thats pretty cool Will.
I sent some $ your way.

Good luck!

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
08-11-2012, 10:07 PM
(08-11-2012 09:09 PM)got2go Wrote:  Thats pretty cool Will.
I sent some $ your way.

Good luck!

Awesome! Thank you for donating to a great cause Smile
08-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Another 15.4 miles this morning. Wish it wasnt so hot, I'd ride longer.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/123838879
08-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Added carbon fiber wheels today and an Ultrega cassette. Also signed up for Bike The Coast in November.

[Image: carbonwheels.jpg]
08-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Donated and bump!

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious