Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Places to stop along PCH?
03-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Places to stop along PCH?
I don't think I mentioned this, but I'm in Hawaii for spring break, and my cheap ass decided to save $300 on plane tickets by riding out to LAX and flying from there. I'm coming back tonight and as of last night, decided to extend my spring break and cruise up PCH for a bit. Any suggestions on where to stop between LAX and Monterey?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: Places to stop along PCH?
I love this seafood spot in Malibu.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Malibu...118.735078

You can also take a detour up any number of canyon roads from the PCH to Mulholland. Enjoy your cruise... I'm jealous.
03-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Neptunes Net famous seafood joint always featured on the Jay Leno show in Malibu right off the PCH. Motorcycle parking right in front of the restaurant. And the Hurst Castle are a couple of stops to consider.
03-18-2017, 05:56 AM
Well, as someone born and raised in Vegas, I never really developed a taste for seafood. But I'll keep the suggestions in mind, thanks guys!
03-18-2017, 08:13 PM
Well turns out the weather wasn't on my side. Road was closed from ragged point almost all the way up to Monterey. On top of that the fog along the coast made it about 10 degrees colder than the forecast said it would be. So I guess I'm going to have to try again sometime...
04-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Whenever you make the trip back, make sure you check out the canyons in the Malibu area. Mulholland is the most well known, but definitely not the most twisty. Check out Latigo canyon road. I haven't done that one yet myself, but it looks epic. I've heard Encinal is another good one. I've got loose plans to go on Mancation with one of my homies and we may do the Malibu mountains for a few days this summer.

If you go to the Malibu area over a weekend, you should make your way up Mulholland to the Rock Store. Huge motorcycle gathering spot tucked away in the canyon/woods. It's not really that big but it draws LOTS of bikes and some celebrities have been known ride up and hang out as well.

I've eaten at Neptune's Nest and didn't think it was all that. But the atmosphere was nice, and having the motorcycle parking directly on the PCH and across from the ocean was pretty cool, but the food isn't anything special. Definitely a place to stop at to be able to say you've eaten there too.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious