Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Original Member Saying Hi
04-22-2013, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 08:13 AM by MarkoGSXR.)
Original Member Saying Hi
Hello everyone, don't know how many of you may remember me but I was an original member of SCS back when I lived in Vegas. The name's Mark and I rode (and still ride) a 2001 blue and white GSX-R1000. I was just reminiscing about the old days and thought I'd see what's going on and say hi. The best riding days in my life were spent out in Vegas with the old riding crew, and as we used to call it before scs started, the BDC (before dawn crew) because we'd meet up at gas stations just before dawn for rides at the lake, rr and mount charlie. Used to ride with Brandon, Fabio, Dave, Mike, Felicia, nuke, Jim and his wife, Pat and his wife, Jaime (rip) and of course Gleno (rip bro) and Vegas Eric.
Well any ways, what's been going on in Vegas since I left in Dec 2005? How's the riding scene out there now?
Hello to everyone I used to know who's still here and to those I never met .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: Original Member Saying Hi
Not even sure where to begin!! So many things have changed. So much Bullshit has come and gone. Just about all the people you have mentioned no longer ride or communicate with us.. I can say that the core group that you once knew is long but gone(Vegas eric and pat still ride).. but the ideas, rides, comradeship is all still here. Over time we have had to privatize a lot of our events from other clubs, people. We have recently started opening our doors again and coming out into the public eye more. Hoping to step back in the motorcycle scene and get our name/patch recognized again before no one remembers who we are! As far as the riding scene goes, the roads are still here. More track programs and affiliate's are popping up all over getting riders out to the track to ride hard than in the streets. Its a nice change going out to the track. Less headaches and more fun. Thats where we hone and practice most of our quicker paced riding.. But the red rock rides, lake rides, etc, are all still around.

I do remember one Mark back in the day besides buellrider..but, dont believe I ever had the chance to ride with you.

Are you in town? Should come by one of the Two Wheeled Tuesdays and catch up!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
04-22-2013, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 10:46 AM by MarkoGSXR.)
Glad to hear it's still going good out there. I only did the early morning high speed rides and track days so if you went to those I'm sure we met. The last group ride I remember going on was to the lake with a few people including Gleno and Eric. It was a windy day out there and Eric's buddy who was riding an RC51 missed the turnaround spot. Eric went and chased him down and when they came back to the turnaround spot his buddy locked up his brakes and rear ended Eric sending them both into the curb right in front of us and they both simultaneously went over the handle bars. One of the crazier things I've ever seen. Eric was pissed but remained composed lol.
I'm not in town at the moment but I'm sure I will get back there someday soon. When I do I will definitely come out to a TWT.
04-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Welcome back. There are lots of new faces to meet based on Arson's reply. Good group of people, that's for sure. I have only been a member for about a year and a half and I have loved every minute of it. Hope to meet you soon.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
04-22-2013, 11:05 AM
As amusing as that sounds, I can imagine Eric's face was much like the face he made when I put electrolytes on his electrical fire...=X

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
04-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Haha... that's an awesome story, Mark! Glad to see you back! And I still to this day have that old F4 in my garage. Gleno hauled ass and lost his cell phone (which we found) and cigarettes out of his Aerostitch on the way back to BC to get his truck. Regardless of the busted up bike and broken fibula... those were good times.

(04-22-2013 11:05 AM)ars0n Wrote:  As amusing as that sounds, I can imagine Eric's face was much like the face he made when I put electrolytes on his electrical fire...=X

Yes... I'm pretty sure it was just like that! Angry
04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Lol, Wassup Eric, I was hoping there'd be some familiar faces left.
I'll never forget that day man, right after you guys crashed this dumb ass on an R6 showed up and said he heard I was "fast" and wanted to race me back to the split. I told him that it was a bit windy (don't know if you remember but it was crazy windy) and I just watched you two crash so I wasn't really in the mindset to race the lake. Then he basically called me a chicken and rode off, I just had to laugh. As if someone on an R6 could have beaten me at the lake on my 1K back then. I had that place dialed in.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious