Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
My rant- GoPro wannabe camera
12-06-2013, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 10:17 AM by ftl900.)
My rant- GoPro wannabe camera
I have a REPLAY XD, which I loved except there is no Android app. When I bought it, the Replay company told me there was an app in development, so against my better judgement, I bought it.

[Image: replay-xd-1080p-audio-icon.jpg]

I'm not liking my REPLAY XD near as much after waiting a year for the promised android app, and now being told it will only be available on the new camera model.

I was told at CES last year that the android app was in the works, and would be out soon. No mention was made of a new camera model, obviously, since they wanted to sell the model they had on hand. I specifically told them that I had no use for the camera without an android app since it has no viewfinder or LCD screen, and they reiterated that the android app was in the works and would be out soon.

Now, after the fact, REPLAY employees are denying that they ever said there was an android app in the works at all... until I named names of who I talked to at CES.

Then they shifted their story to "you would never been told the app was for the current camera line" which is crap, because they were not talking about the new model in development at all. Only that I should buy the REPLAY XD because it was great and the android app would be out soon.

These guys could become the only player in the market and I'd still never give them another dollar of my money. The way they dealt with me was in bad faith, and I am pretty done with them as a corporation.

Buy a GoPro, or buy anything else. Don't deal with these people.

FJR1300, ZRX1100
[Image: Amry_patches-sm.png][Image: visited_states.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: My rant- GoPro wannabe camera
Will they be at CES next year? If so I say we have a meet up and go have a little chat with them and get your money back.
12-06-2013, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 12:04 PM by ftl900.)
(12-06-2013 11:49 AM)LVNeptune Wrote:  Will they be at CES next year? If so I say we have a meet up and go have a little chat with them and get your money back.

Not likely. Besides having a hot temper which would probably get me thrown out or arrested, I have been posting on their forum for the entire year asking about the android app with little or no response other than "we're working on it, no ETA yet".
No mention of "it won't ever happen for your camera". They just DON'T CARE after they have your money.

I had many, MANY long and very ridiculous email conversations with them, over ten emails back and forth while they repeatedly denied ever mentioning that the android app was coming out, and even going as far as to say I probably talked to a passer-by at CES that was just standing near their booth because they would have never said that.

When i pointed out that I spoke with several people wearing their black REPLAY polo shirts and conducting raffles at their booth, I was still told that I must be mistaken because they would have never said that, and we're sorry for your confusion.

When I named Jason (the guy actually doing the work on the android app) as one of the guys I spoke to, then the official party line became "Jason would never have said that, because Jason knew the android app was only for the new camera coming out".

Of course, the new camera model was never mentioned at CES because they wanted to sell the current one that was available then, and they knew then that the android app was never coming out for the current camera, but they needed to sell a lot of them to keep the revenue and profits up for the next model.

It's not even about plausible deniability, it's mostly that they took my money while knowingly giving me empty promises, and now they're on to the next customer.

FJR1300, ZRX1100
12-06-2013, 12:12 PM
that sux...
12-06-2013, 03:34 PM
looks like a cool little unit, less bulky than the GoPro, but thats shitty business. If you mess up, own that shit. A reputable business would.

Sorry to hear about that man.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
(12-06-2013 03:34 PM)That Guy Wrote:  looks like a cool little unit, less bulky than the GoPro, but thats shitty business. If you mess up, own that shit. A reputable business would.
Sorry to hear about that man.
- Justin

Yeah, that's exactly my point in this. They're just not doing business in good faith.

FJR1300, ZRX1100

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious