Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Motor Install
03-16-2013, 08:04 PM
RE: Motor Install
For what it's worth, all but one delay wa not of my doing... Much of the hardware was bent due to aluminum sliders and the bike being down on them... Apparently Kawasaki uses odd bolt sizes and threads. Big ups to Eric for hunting down the new hardware! Also had to source some new exhaust gaskets due to apparently missing one originally. That and dealing with the fact that the Hulk must have tightened doe everything to the point that my rattle gun was having a hard time cranking some nuts loose.

Otherwise was really only about 3 hours of actual work the rest was spent on diagnosing issues (coolant sensor issues) and sorting out the wiring that had been all disconnected by a previous mechanic.

The only left overs were some grommet spacers an parts from the old motor that were already on the new motor.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Well that and there was beer involved so there's that.

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

03-16-2013, 10:28 PM
(03-16-2013 08:04 PM)That Guy Wrote:  For what it's worth, all but one delay wa not of my doing... Much of the hardware was bent due to aluminum sliders and the bike being down on them... Apparently Kawasaki uses odd bolt sizes and threads. Big ups to Eric for hunting down the new hardware! Also had to source some new exhaust gaskets due to apparently missing one originally. That and dealing with the fact that the Hulk must have tightened doe everything to the point that my rattle gun was having a hard time cranking some nuts loose.

Otherwise was really only about 3 hours of actual work the rest was spent on diagnosing issues (coolant sensor issues) and sorting out the wiring that had been all disconnected by a previous mechanic.

The only left overs were some grommet spacers an parts from the old motor that were already on the new motor.

- J

Sometimes I have a problem cracking a nut loose. No shame in that....

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
03-17-2013, 12:25 PM
And it rides! Gonna finish up the fairings and it will be whole again!

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious