Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Medium range trip advice?
05-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Medium range trip advice?
So I got a new position at work.. I am going to be traveling the Pacific Time Zone by air but anything less than about six hours away I have to travel by cager or other means. Being that I have had a work truck for the last five years I JUST decided to sell my own truck to come to the dark side! Well the opportunity was huge for me to take this position and quite sudden, so I did and said I would take it and had a reliable means of transportation thinking I could borrow my girlfriends car or just by a new one in a month or two.. Well of course my first trip on Monday is just to Ontario (CA) and obviously falls under the six hour category and under such short notice couldn't figure out a car situation, don't want to rent one (I'm young, no credit card, $400 deposit, blah blah blah....) so long story short....

I dropped some money on some cortech saddle/rear bags and an Ogio no drag bag and now I'm riding to Ontario and Phoenix the week after any ideas/advice on tools to bring/anything really?

P.s. Phoenix and Ontario are the only two places that fall under the six hour category for my company so that is as far as I will be riding.... for nowwww. Smile

Not everybody DOESN'T do those things either!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 03:39 PM by 12DCRR.)
RE: Medium range trip advice?
Here's the tools I'm planning on bringing as if now.. I'm thinking a decent set of Allen keys? I already have a tire pressure gauge too not pictured..

[Image: image.jpg]

05-11-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 06:23 PM by tomy.)
air pump tire plugs

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
05-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Stay hydrated! Map your gas stations, bring some trail mix!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
05-11-2013, 07:02 PM
You're exaggerating when you say you have no credit right? At 23, that should be half a decade's worth of credit history, and if done right you should be sitting well into the 700's as far as FICO score goes.

The one thing I can say more than anything else. Stretch. Every chance you get. Every gas station, every bathroom break. Do a full stretch, legs, butt, back, chest, arms, neck, everything. You would really be surprised by how much it helps. And what the other guys said too.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
05-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Well first, I didn't say I don't have any credit. I said I don't have any credit cards. Just about every rental agency requires one or a large deposit. Not to say that the first statement isn't necessarily untrue. But excuse me for not putting everything on credit the day I turned eighteen and ending up $25,000 in debt like the average American. I like to pay CASH for my belongings, now whether or not that's necessarily a good thing for future purchases like homes and more expensive cars, who knows. But if I wanted advice on that I would have named the thread "credit score advice?" What's your credit score Doc? I think I'll keep to doing my part in not adding to the national debt for now, seeing that we certainly don't need any more of that. No one likes being put on blast, just sayin'. Lets keep the thread on topic. Smile

As for the other advice I am a little short on space so as bad as I would like to, I don't think a pump can make this trip. Which also doesn't make a patch kit too useful either. I have a camelback bladder that fits in my backpack so I should be good there but will definitely buy some protein bars and snacks as well as try and remember to stretch! Never thought about that before or after riding, I'm sure I will be thanking you for that advice once I'm there!

05-11-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 11:25 PM by The Doctor.)
(05-11-2013 09:33 PM)12DCRR Wrote:  What's your credit score Doc? I think I'll keep to doing my part in not adding to the national debt for now, seeing that we certainly don't need any more of that. No one likes being put on blast, just sayin'. Lets keep the thread on topic. Smile

As for the other advice I am a little short on space so as bad as I would like to, I don't think a pump can make this trip. Which also doesn't make a patch kit too useful either. I have a camelback bladder that fits in my backpack so I should be good there but will definitely buy some protein bars and snacks as well as try and remember to stretch! Never thought about that before or after riding, I'm sure I will be thanking you for that advice once I'm there!

I believe it was a 753 last I checked. Qualified for a home loan a few months ago, so I got everything pulled.

But that's beside the point. So we got food, drinks, stretching at every opportunity. And the one thing I can tell you from experience... don't ever go on long rides while sleep deprived. It's a bad idea. So make sure you get plenty of Z's. And I would also recommend keeping an emergency 5 hour energy in your bag. Don't rely on it, but it is good to have if you find yourself dozing a little bit. Some good tunes help as well. Other 'n that, I think everything else is covered, granted that you have gasoline and the bike is in good running order. I'll post up if I think of anything else though.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
05-12-2013, 07:28 AM
My pump and plug kit is about the size of your socket set.

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
05-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Tommy is right, a pump and a plug kit is A MUST without question for anything above a few hundred miles. If you dont have room, make room! you can drive a car on a flat if need be. You CAN NOT drive a bike on one.

A hand pump can be had for a few bucks at walmart and they are only about 8 inches long and maybe and inch in diameter so if you have room for everything in your little kit above, you have room for a pump. The plug kit isnt even a matter of size, it can fit anywhere. I carry a hand pump with me on my cruiser and my dirtbike and quad which have ZERO room for anything and I still make it work.

Just my thoughts.

Bet I can piss higher than both you and Doc. LOL

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
05-12-2013, 11:01 AM
It's not how high. It's how long