Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Long solo trip tomorrow
05-16-2013, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 05:10 PM by Rev. That Guy.)
Long solo trip tomorrow
TRACKING: Track Me on SPOT

So some family emergency stuff came up, and I am hoping on maggie and making the 774 mile trek solo to Colorado tomorrow.

Leaving about 3AM in hopes that I can beat the afternoon T-Storms in colorado and the mountains. Weather should hold out. Vail looks like the only questionable area and gonna be chilly (40 degrees) over the pass but only a 30% chance of precip. Should be back Tuesday afternoon/evening.

Wish me luck. Slabbing 15 to 70 and across into Denver. Should be in Denver about 4pm Denver time if all goes well.

Bike is prepped and ready to rock and roll. Have plenty of water and protein bars and enough tools to rebuild the whole damn bike if need be.

Will post my SPOT tracking link. If you guys could, check on me periodically. If im stopped for more than an hour or two in any given area along the route, something is probably wrong - try and get a hold of me.

See you guys in a few days!

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: Long solo trip tomorrow
Good luck and safe ride! Hope everything is ok and turns out ok.
05-16-2013, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 05:03 PM by ars0n.)
Good luck mang! Post up some pics on your travels so we know you are doing ok also!! =D And post up that link!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
05-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Damn homie. Sorry hear. Will keep an eye out.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
05-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Be safe

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
05-16-2013, 05:13 PM
link posted in first post.

ALSO, If you see me stopping somewhere around Green River UT or MOAB, I will hit my check in/OK button. Likely will be waiting out T-Storms. Given they come in from the west, I suspect if there is storms, I will be following them into the mountains. If it gets bad I will simply pull over and wait it out. Fortunately in colorado they move through rather quick.

Finalizing prep now and then finishing up some work and off to bed. Got a LONG and early day tomorrow.

I will post progress/pics as I can but since will be from phone, likely no pics until I get into denver.

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

05-16-2013, 05:14 PM
If that happens, I suggest installing bike race on your phone and sending me some races FOO!! =D

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

05-16-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 05:17 PM by Rev. That Guy.)
(05-16-2013 05:14 PM)ars0n Wrote:  If that happens, I suggest installing bike race on your phone and sending me some races FOO!! =D

I have it and have been "nudging" you for like the last month... check your phone foo!

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

05-16-2013, 05:24 PM
oh shit....lol it has been like a month since i last opened it..lol.. WILL DO! =D

05-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Good luck!

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"