Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
I'll be back!
09-02-2014, 06:13 PM
I'll be back!
Case settled. Woo hoo! Now time to buy new bike!!!

I want all of your thoughts on 3 choices.

2011 BMW S1000rr 10,500 miles. $11,500
2004 Aprillia RSV4 Factory 9,000 miles $8k
2011-14 yamaha R1 9k-13k. New

"The Journey Is The Destination!”

Some do drugs others pop bottles we solve our problems with wide open throttles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: I'll be back!
bmw all the way.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
09-02-2014, 06:17 PM
And why???????!!

09-02-2014, 06:44 PM
looking at justin days problems with his aprilla and what he had to go through, the 16k would be better going someplace else. could just be a one time thing..

bmw has great customer relations,and its a great bike in pretty much every area, braking, accel, rid-ability

google it and read up about it. If it wasnt such a huge bike to me id get it.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

09-02-2014, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 06:54 PM by Tumbleweed.)
If a literbike is what you're after, and you have the dough, I suggest the EBR 1190 RX because 'murica, among other reasons. If not, I've seen a couple of Ducati 1098's pop up around for the high 10s at Freedom Cycle and Ride Now Rancho. The one at Ride Now has a full CF body, sans tank. I'm definitely a lightweight, small profile kind-of guy though. I4's don't do it for me.
But of those options I'd go with the newer BWM for it's excellence in engineering and speed, or the RSV4 (if you can talk him down to 7ish), for it's ability to stir the emotions.
Like comparing any Japanese 600 to my Daytona; one's got slightly better performance numbers and more people out there with the knowledge to fix it, the other instills a sense of character above and beyond the usual, as well as being way more torquey below 10,000rpm. So, what are you looking for in a superbike?

I remember Red Rock Harley had an 01 Mille with 5,000 miles on it and they wanted somewhere between 5 and 6k for it. That should give perspective on the RSV4's price range.

Think for yourself, question authority.
09-02-2014, 07:00 PM
I know the owner on the aprillia. I was there when he bought it! I know that bike inside and out but these are not easy to work on, let alone cost effective. He's never tracked it or even pulled the front end up. Bmw is on craigslist right now, seems like a one owner with extras. Curious about the low price there. Or go back with another yzfr r1 which never let me down truly.

Anyone know about BMW maintenance specifically? I have researched this considerably and the BMW is the obvious choice.

09-02-2014, 07:07 PM
I imagine its the same as any other liter bike..

09-02-2014, 07:08 PM
(09-02-2014 07:00 PM)vizzR1 Wrote:  I know the owner on the aprillia. I was there when he bought it! I know that bike inside and out but these are not easy to work on, let alone cost effective. He's never tracked it or even pulled the front end up. Bmw is on craigslist right now, seems like a one owner with extras. Curious about the low price there. Or go back with another yzfr r1 which never let me down truly.

Anyone know about BMW maintenance specifically? I have researched this considerably and the BMW is the obvious choice.

Seems like you've made that decision for yourself. Like I said, BMW's are built like BMW's. They don't break, but when they do, it's more expensive than it would be on a Japanese equivalent. Not by a whole bunch though. Think 3500 for a new head instead of 2800. That said, you've been there for the entire life of the Aprilia, so you know the bike better than the BMW.
What do you mean by "cost effective"? During maintenance? No literbike is "cost effective", unless you compare it to Porsche's and Ferrari's.

09-02-2014, 07:19 PM
You have to take the aprillias and decatis to specific mechanics.

09-02-2014, 07:52 PM
(09-02-2014 07:19 PM)vizzR1 Wrote:  You have to take the aprillias and decatis to specific mechanics.

I wouldn't take the S1000rr anywhere but BMW Motorrad, but that's just me. I'm sure any reputable mechanic can figure out any bike given enough time. I take my Daytona to Freedom Cycle because Triumph. Not a huge deal unless you're planning tons of trips where there are no "specialized" mechanics.
Test ride both of them. See which one makes your soul stir and your wallet happy.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious