Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
I hate going down...
04-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Thumbs Up RE: I hate going down...
(04-13-2013 01:47 PM)JetMech Wrote:  I used color-rite paint. They are in the back of most MC magazines. It was a perfect match to my frame and swing arm. It's like $20-$30 for a rattle can or you can the brush on version in a small touch up bottle. Just go online and they have all the paint codes on there for your bike by model year and by part. If you need help ordering it whatever, give me a ring. Seven oh two Four two zero nine five five four.

Cool! I knew someone suggested a paint place, but I forgot who! I appreciate it bro. Did you order the paint online and have it shipped or where did you actually get it from? I just looked up their website and saved it. I'll probably just get the 2 oz bottle w/brush. It will be easier. I don't need much. I was almost thinking the pen might do it, but just in case I need a second coat or what not. I just was wondering if you got it locally or bought it directly through the website.

Thanks for the lead on the paint! I figure that should get it close enough, so that it doesn't stand out so much. Smile

If you can't beat 'em...shoot 'em! Rofl2

South Bay Photography
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: I hate going down...
Well, paint is ordered. I figured what the hell. I ordered the 2 oz base paint and the 2oz matte clear coat for it. Of course you will still see the major scrape on the swingarm, but at least it will be painted over and the paint will match. Tongue Thanks for the tip!

You're right though that the paint isn't cheap, but if it matches perfectly, then I guess it's worth it! Smile

South Bay Photography
04-13-2013, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 06:06 PM by JetMech.)
It will match to a "T". Like I said, I bought the rattle can version and I ended up blending in some scratches on the swing arm and you couldn't even tell they were there. Looks like it did when I bought the bike. But yeah it's is a pretty penny, but well worth it my friend. You won't be disappointed. Check out these before and after of my frame. You can still see where there's a slight gouge into the frame but the paint matched perfectly!

[Image: Before_1.jpg]

[Image: After_4.jpg]

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
04-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Nice!

South Bay Photography