Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
I hate going down...
04-11-2013, 07:16 AM
RE: I hate going down...
I have tools you likely have never seen before.... The odd thing is that I'm not sure why I have them or where I got most of them. Lol. All kinds of specialty tools from valve spring compressors to model specific clutch tools, flywheel pullers, painting and polishing tools and equipment...

And that first count tools I have had to make because I did t have them or they didn't make em.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 07:57 AM
I understand. Most if mine are aviation specific. I have tried hard to stay away from buying automotive specialty tools for the reason that if you are not going going to use it more than once, just rent it from autozone. The sucky part is that I have spent a fortune on snap-on specialty wrenches and I can't use them on my cars or bikes because all aircraft use standard bolts. Even the French made airbus uses standard.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
04-11-2013, 08:31 AM
At least you are not hurt, that is the most important thing! And the damage looks very minimal, glad you walked away relatively unscathed.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure that it is worth watching
04-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Glad you're OK Mat. The good thing is that most of that will actually "buff right out".
04-11-2013, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 10:26 AM by ars0n.)
ah shit mang! that sucks! glad you are ok! Bike dont look too bad!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
04-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I understand about not doing the "trackday thing" on the street. I really wasn't trying to lean it over like I was trying to do a tight turn on the track, but I figure it shouldn't hurt to get a little further off the bike (thus LESS lean angle of the bike itself actually). However, I understand what you are saying and don't disagree with you. I feel it was a bunch of factors that caused this, but the lean angle was part of it. Sad

I have a bunch of tools and am not afraid to use them. Just wanted to get some info from everyone on what they thought about taking the bolt out. Smile I went and got the extractor today and I'll take a look at pulling the bolt out tomorrow. It only cost $50 for a new shift lever (the entire assy) from the dealer, so I said the hell with it and got it. I'll have it on Tue. I also ordered new spool sliders from Woodcraft today upon a suggestion from a couple of other R1 riders, so we'll try those this time around (hopefully I will NOT have to use them). The Driven spool broke right off as soon as it hit the ground. I admit they were pretty cool looking, but they weren't actual sliders. Learned my lesson on that one.

I'm okay. I'm a little sore, but I always wear my gear, so it's more of just the body shock of hitting the ground and sliding a bit. That's it. A lot of weight to hit the ground and slide. LOL! Tongue I do appreciate the concern from everyone. Smile

If you can't beat 'em...shoot 'em! Rofl2

South Bay Photography
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Well, I got the broken swingarm spool bolt out today. There was enough of a nub left that I could actually use a screwdriver and a hammer to unscrew it to get it out. Sweet. Even after I got the ez-out and stuff. I also replaced the frame slider and put my old spools back on until my Woodcraft slider spools come in. I pulled the rearset off in preparation for the shift arm from the dealer on Tue. Once that comes in, the bike is back operational and good to go.

I'll just have to get some black paint for the bar end and the swingarm. Anyone know the best color to match the swingarm? I know it won't be perfect, but the closer, the better. Smile

South Bay Photography
04-13-2013, 01:21 PM
black

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
04-13-2013, 01:47 PM
(04-13-2013 12:06 PM)R1_Demon Wrote:  Well, I got the broken swingarm spool bolt out today. There was enough of a nub left that I could actually use a screwdriver and a hammer to unscrew it to get it out. Sweet. Even after I got the ez-out and stuff. I also replaced the frame slider and put my old spools back on until my Woodcraft slider spools come in. I pulled the rearset off in preparation for the shift arm from the dealer on Tue. Once that comes in, the bike is back operational and good to go.

I'll just have to get some black paint for the bar end and the swingarm. Anyone know the best color to match the swingarm? I know it won't be perfect, but the closer, the better. Smile

I used color-rite paint. They are in the back of most MC magazines. It was a perfect match to my frame and swing arm. It's like $20-$30 for a rattle can or you can the brush on version in a small touch up bottle. Just go online and they have all the paint codes on there for your bike by model year and by part. If you need help ordering it whatever, give me a ring. Seven oh two Four two zero nine five five four.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
04-13-2013, 02:21 PM
(04-13-2013 01:21 PM)tomy Wrote:  black

Smartass. LOL Always great to have you around bro! Big Grin

South Bay Photography

[-]