Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Discourteous Law Enforcement Officers - Please report them
08-11-2012, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 08:45 PM by got2go.)
Discourteous Law Enforcement Officers - Please report them
I keep hearing more and more about how people on motorcycles are pulled over for misdemeanor traffic violations, and are treated discourteously by the officer.

Yelling, being condescending, and down right un-professional.

In some cases, they will pull you over in an unsafe manner.
Ex: riding unsafely close you you with their front tire too close to your rear tire.

There is no reason for them to assume you are a criminal, and treat you like one, without cause.

PLEASE report any such encounters by dialing 311 and stating that you want to file a discourteous/rude officer report.

Ask the officer that pulls you over for his business card, or if he doesn't have one, write down his name and P (badge) number.

Do not be discourteous back to him nor give him any attitude.

After an officer gets a complaint, this gets sent to his supervisor, and is on record.
After several complains, Internal Affairs will investigate.

It is the only way to get this growing trend to stop.

Thank you.

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Discourteous Law Enforcement Officers - Please report them
(08-11-2012 08:37 PM)got2go Wrote:  I keep hearing more and more about how people on motorcycles are pulled over for misdemeanor traffic violations, and are treated discourteously by the officer.

Yelling, being condescending, and down right un-professional.

In some cases, they will pull you over in an unsafe manner.
Ex: riding unsafely close you you with their front tire too close to your rear tire.

There is no reason for them to assume you are a criminal, and treat you like one, without cause.

PLEASE report any such encounters by dialing 311 and stating that you want to file a discourteous/rude officer report.

Ask the officer that pulls you over for his business card, or if he doesn't have one, write down his name and P (badge) number.

Do not be discourteous back to him nor give him any attitude.

After an officer gets a complaint, this gets sent to his supervisor, and is on record.
After several complains, Internal Affairs will investigate.

It is the only way to get this growing trend to stop.

Thank you.

Yep thats the way to go.

And another thing, dont say ANYTHING to the cops. Provide your ID, insurance, registration, and shut the F up. Usually I only answer the question (if asked) about if I have been drinking, which is always no (I dont like alcohol, seriously)

Cop - Do you know how fast you were going?
Me - I respectfully decline to answer any questions. Am I free to go?

Cop - Where are you going?
Me - Am I free to go?

Cop - Are you in a hurry?
Me - Am I being detained? I would like to go.

Cop: I'd like to look in your trunk real quick, ok?
Me: No, I do not consent to a search. I do not wish to engage in conversation. Am i being detained? Am I free to go?

Etc, etc. Be polite and assertive that you want to go and are not interested in chatting.

Yes, most of the time they will get irritated when they figure out that you know your rights. Many will try to intimidate you but just be calm and dont respond rudely. When they figure out they cant get under your skin, they will send you on your way.
08-12-2012, 03:35 PM
And here's an old thread with a couple videos related to Pheer's post... please watch them if you haven't already.

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-What-To-D...d=60#pid60
08-13-2012, 05:15 PM
[Image: 0af25e31-b81c-4158-b02e-abc3757b135d.jpg]

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
08-16-2012, 07:08 AM
(08-12-2012 03:35 PM)vegaseric Wrote:  And here's an old thread with a couple videos related to Pheer's post... please watch them if you haven't already.

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-What-To-D...d=60#pid60

Those are the best videos ever, and should be required learning for everyone.
10-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Officer Davenport, ID# H6309. No complaints about his demeanor.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-sn...8570_o.jpg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2012, 04:41 PM
I wonder if you got out of that one? =D hehe..

Ive had good and bad experiences with officers. Good experiences are rarely ever commented on, because, well, is it ever a good thing to get pulled over?

This is mostly for anyone that has had issues with being treated badly with an officer of the law...there was a time a few months ago when anyone on a bike was getting pulled over and treated like shit.. was pretty sad. Not sure what sparked it..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
11-15-2012, 11:45 AM
i got pulled over yesterday for speeding. Big Grin ME? speeding? lol. anyway, he was a bike cop and he was SUPER dooper NICE. we actually chatted for like 15 minutes. and of all the lame things to tell him, when he told me how fast he clocked me at, i figured out he had hit me by a donut shop... i lol'd and was like "omg, yeah, i am on a diet, and i wanted a donut but i knew i couldn't have one, so i must have sped up to get away from there before i could stop... ". then, when he was back at his car running my papers, i realized i had told the nice cop i was running away from a donut... SIGH! no ticket, just a warning, and he thought it was funny, so phew! LOL

Since going to your church makes you a Christian, does going to your garage make you a car?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2012, 11:46 AM
ahhaha that is awesome!!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious