Rate Thread
07-26-2012, 09:20 PM
AMA 2012
Alrighty! Thank you Admin!!!!

AMA 2012: Josh Hayes is on a tear!!! He has won 6 races in a row. The title is his to lose. I see another title right around the corner. This weekend is Laguna Seca. Let's see how it plays out

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: AMA 2012
****************SPOILER ALERT****************
Laguna Seca Daytona Sportbike Results

Camereon Beaubier!!!! This guy is turning heads. Martin Cardenas on the Geico Suzuki got of to agreat start. Beaubier immediately moved up into second place and stalked Cardenas for the majortiy of the race. With a few laps left, Beaubier made the pass with his Yamaha Extended Service R6, and won the race with Cardenas close behind. Cardenas does have a comfortable lead in the points, however if Beaubier continues to develop the way he is, the points spread will certainly close and we will have a great competitive season next year. Keep an eye on this guy.

AMA Daytona SportBike Laguna Seca Race Results:
1. Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha)
2. Martin Cardenas (Suzuki)
3. Tommy Hayden (Yamaha)
4. Jake Zemke (Ducati)
5. Jake Gagne (Yamaha)
6. Corey West (Suzuki)
7. Benny Solis (Yamaha)
8. Joey Pascarella (Suzuki)
9. JD Beach (Yamaha)
10. Fernando Amantini (Kawasaki)

Daytona SportBike Championship Points:
1. Martin Cardenas, 314
2. Dane Westby, 250
3. Cameron Beaubier, 234
4. Tommy Hayden, 234
5. Jason DiSalvo, 194
6. Jake Zemke, 184

08-13-2012, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 08:56 AM by JetMech.)
************SPOILER ALERT**************
Laguna AMA Daytona Superbike Results

Sorry I have been away for while. Been traveling and frankly just haven't had the time to watch the races I have recorded. I finally got the AMA Superbike race this past weekend. SHould we be surprised at who? Not Really. Josh Hayes takes home his first win at Mazda Raceway. This is his 8th consecutive win. This also ties him for third with Ben Spies for most wins with 28. Interesting note, Raplh Sheheen & Scott Russell, the Speed Commentators, talked a lot about how AMA may outlaw traction control next. Feelings on TC is amixed bag and Hayes R1 is equipped with traction control. The Suzuki's are not. Gonna keep a close eye on this.

The real battle was for second place. Josh Herrin and Blake young rode their %^&* off and it was Blake You with a pass after the final turn that but him out front by half a bike length to win. Simply awesome!!! Next race is down in the Bayou in New Orleans.

Results:

1. Josh Hayes
2. Blake Young
3. Josh Herrin
4. Danny Eslick
5. Ben Bostrom
6. Geoff May
7. Taylor Knapp
8. Roger Hayden
9. Stephen Nebel
10. Larry Pegram

09-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Did anyone watch the AMA Superbike race 1 from New Jersey? Josh Hayes absolutely DESTROYED the field!

One thing I don't understand is how Josh Hayes is able to get so much from the R1, but in all the magazine comparos over the past few years, the R1 has finished last or close to it in the liter bike showdowns. Now, I have noticed that the AMA guys run a completely different swingarm than a stock R1 does. Maybe that has a little something to do with the difference in handling (not that a stock R1 has shitty handling to begin with) between a street bike and an AMA superbike. Either way, he is crushing the competition.
09-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Dude, ive been traveling so much I haven't been able to keep up on this post but AMA SBK is getting absolutely boring!!!! Don't get me wrong, Josh Hayes is the man. He did totally run away with not the race in NJ and not just all the races he's won but the championship as well. Mathatically, I dont think anyone can catch him. Super sport on the other hand is getting more competitive. Going to be interesting what changes AMA is goIng to make for next year. There has been talk of banning tractiOn control but Josh Hayes didn't use it in NJ, so they say.

09-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh and to your point about extractIng so much from the R1, the biggest complaint from the stock r1 is lack of front end feedback. The Josh Hayes bike actually has a few reinforcements welded to the side of the stock which really improved rigidity and decreased flex. Along with a bunch of other mods of course. Couple that with rider and a crew like the Monster Graves team and you pretty much have an unbeatable combo.

09-18-2012, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 08:08 AM by R3K.)
yeah, AMA superbike is definitely a yawn fest as compared to the sportbike class. Personally, I think Mladin won his championships against a much higher caliber field of competitors who made him EARN his wins, even though he won most of them the way Josh Hayes is winning his..very easily. Take nothing away from Josh though, his work ethic speaks for itself, but once Blake Young lost his confidence, the title was Josh's for the losing. It might be time to consider someone else for that coveted Yoshimura Suzuki #1 rider position?
09-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Blake has the ability to contend with Josh. It's all mental. There was a race earlier this year where Blake and Josh tangled causing Blake to crash. Blake went to the pits got his bike running again and came back to win. He was riding like a mad man. Since then, the races haven't even been close. Perhaps Yamaha found something on the R1? Who knows at this point but it's definitely time for Yoshimura & Suzuki to do something whether it's a rider change or a new bike. With the 1K getting just a modest refresh for 2012, I believe that there is something up Suzuki's sleeve. Time will tell. I would like to see Martin Cardenas take Blake's spot, but again we shall see.

So what do you think of Cameron Beaubier? The kid shows alot of potential.

09-24-2012, 08:33 AM
That race where Blake crashed, restarted in last place, and came back to win the race was incredible. It was almost as good as Max Biaggi doing pretty much the same thing at Phillip Island earlier this year in the WSBK class. I think he'll still be with the Yosh Suzuki squad for at least next year, but after that, if he can't turn it around, he might be outta there.

I like the idea of Martin Cardenas moving up to the Suzuki team, maybe even being Blake's teammate (Chris Clark isn't doing a God damn thing), but if memory serves me correctly, he rode in the Superbike class one season (I think for M4 Suzuki too) and didn't do so well. He seems to be one of those guys who just does better on the smaller bike, just like Kenan Sofuoglu in World Super Sport.

I like Cameron Beaubier, as well as Dane Westby. It's always good to see new talent battling at the front. Now if we could only get some competitive new talent in the Superbike Class we'd be in business. Compared to the other countries, our National Superbike class is a joke.
09-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I'll agree with you Our series is not even close to the WSBK. I love watching WSBK way more than our AMA. Europeans just take their motorcycles way more seriously than we do. They have motorcycles and soccer, and we have NFL and Nascar. I think the AMA needs to either make a huge marketing push or the the series will continue to decline in popularity.

You are correct in the fact that Martin did ride the M4 Suzuki and wasn't as competitive as they thought he would be .Cardenas would be the guy go with though. I think Blake has more year left on his contract. Clark isn't doing a damn thing and its really hindering the development of the bike. Blake seems to be consistent though in the fact that hes always running either second or third. I think if Suzuki comes out with a better 1k, then Blake might have a chance. Josh Hayes has done a fantastic job in developing the R1. It will be interesting to see if Josh Hayes comes back for another year or if he moves on to bigger and better.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious