Rate Thread
09-27-2012, 09:37 AM
RE: AMA 2012
I'm not sure what bigger and better opportunities Josh Hayes would have, simply because of his age. He has already shown he can compete on the world stage when he took over in WSS for Craig Jones when he was killed (I'm pretty sure that's how it went down), but maybe he can at least get in some GP wild card or replacement rides at some point. I suspect he'll do like Mladin did and just sandbag in AMA Superbike, beat up on the rest of the chumps, and collect his paychecks. It would be good to see him in Moto 2 or WSBK though. Who knows, when Yamaha gets back into WSBK, maybe they'll give him a chance to represent the USA at world level again, but this time in the big class.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Josh Hayes in WSBK would have me traveling to Europe to watch races!!! That would be awesome. Hayes did pretty good last year during the one MotoGP race. Placed 10th or 11th I think. Your right though, Josh hayes is up there in relative age and he may just be ok with settling into an AMA dynasty for a few years and bank his paychecks. I will say though, I am sure the Suzuki camp is burning the midnight oil trying to come up with an answer to Hayes' dominance.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
09-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Did you see SBK race 1 at Homestead? THAT was one of the best AMA SBK races I've seen a long, LONG time!
09-30-2012, 01:58 PM
(09-28-2012 09:14 AM)R3K Wrote:  Did you see SBK race 1 at Homestead? THAT was one of the best AMA SBK races I've seen a long, LONG time!

Not yet!!! Started to this morning but then I had to bail ti the airport. I probably won't get a chance until Tuesday evening.

10-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Wait until you see race 2 at Homestead. I lost all respect for Blake Young after that.
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Uh oh. Can't wait now!!!!

10-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Well? Well? Did you watch yet? What do YOU think about Blake's decision in race 2 at Homestead?
10-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I think it was kind of chicken shit. What a puss. This is why I think he is too immature to carry the torch for Team Yoshimura. It was a great first race and second race! If Blake wants to be take seriously then he needs to take racing seriously. I don't think he has achieved a high enough status yet to forego races. Especially ones under such conditions that are great for gaining experience.

10-04-2012, 08:28 AM
I was just apalled that he decided to sit out the race because of "conditions" and just basically handed the championship to Josh, even though he still had a chance, mathematically, but I guess he realized that he doesn't have a chance mentally and just gave up. His seat on that team should be given to someone else with a real desire to win. That's just unacceptable. Great races though. I wouldn't be surprised if EBR racing gets their first race win berfore the endo of the season (only 2 races to go I think)
10-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm new to following the AMA races, but was shocked when Blake made that decision. After watching the last few races with Josh, I'm sure Blake knew he wasn't going to be able to hang with Josh on that track and just gave the win to him. I was totally rooting for the EBR guy though, wish he would have chosen the right tires!

Quote:Did you see SBK race 1 at Homestead? THAT was one of the best AMA SBK races I've seen a long, LONG time!

Was this the race where the two riders kept passing each other for the lead during the final couple laps? I was on the edge of my seat the whole time for that race!

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious