Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
8 Second Hayabusa Up for Sale
06-03-2014, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 11:58 AM by BusaRob.)
8 Second Hayabusa Up for Sale
It looks like its time for another project so its sad to say good bye to my Busa (well maybe) if it sells. Too much going on in my life and I just don't have the time for Drag racing anymore. Spread the word to anyone with deep pockets. $18,500 is a firm starting price. If it doesn't sell no biggie, maybe I can race down the road or put the bike in my trophy room, lol. It's listed on ebay motors and below is the write up. Also check out the ebay posting for pics.

This is a 2005 mint condition all motor Hayabusa putting down 220 hp to the ground in Las Vegas (west coast about 234 hp). I weigh 235 lbs suited and I can pilot this beast to a personal best of 8.86 seconds in Las Vegas. On the east or west coast and with a lighter rider it is easily capable of running 8'40 at 160+ MPH. For those who really want to push the envelope, the top standing mile speed was 214 mph (GPS). No race track in your area or your not into drag racing, that's Ok because this is also a great street bike. I ride it locally in Las vegas with air temps of 115 degrees and road temp of 140 degrees and it never over heats.

Check out these videos on Youtube: Posted by 716hpcivic "8 sec daily driven Hayabusa" and "8 sec Hayabusa beats Harley drag bike". I let my friend race once so he could feel what an 8 sec bike felt like. He had a nitrous ZK14 but couldn't get into the 8's. I'm wearing the black helmet and decided to give the Harely a head start - felt bad he's getting his butt kicked all day. This is why All Motor is better than turbo - easier to get down the track. Notice how smooth each run is, no wheelie and no tire spin thanks to the Hays T6 Pro Street Series Convertable Clutch, an amazing street and race clutch with 6 fully adjustable arms. Even a novice racer will race like a Pro with this clutch.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7h8hyCCY3g)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwMOekpzXo)

This bike has passed all the tests. This is an award winning bike at the track and is so clean that it also won the "Best Bike" award at the Import Face Off after I made an 8 second pass. Is this bike expensive, maybe, but you can hardly put a price on perfection or the cost for making great power. Why am I selling it? 52 years old and its time to move on. Please see all pics and some of the trophies. Also I have time slips (pic attached) and videos of some of my races. Only 2k miles on the new street/race motor & Hays clutch, very streetable, I ride it around town on the weekends. Oil is changed every 500 - 700 miles. No expense was spared when this bike was being built. Please see a short list of the upgrades.

•Carpenter Racing motor - $4600.00
•Hays Machine Multi-stage Clutch - $2500.00 Street and Strip applications. It takes me 30 minutes to go from street to strip set
•BST Carbon Fiber Wheels and Ceramic Bearings - $4600.00
•Brocks TiWinder Exhaust - $1800
•McIntosh pro-aluminum swing arm up to 9 inches, currently set at 7.5 inches - $1500.00
•Catalyst Racing 6 inch extended street tail with underbody, painted to match - $1200.00
•Power Commander 5 with wide band and LCD screen to data log - $800.00
•Carbon fiber throughout the bike, frame, handle bars, panels and more - $1500.00
•MSD Launch Control and Air Shifter - $750.00
•Lithium light weight battery - $289.00 (new)
•Galfer rotors and pads, Brocks lower window links, Brand new EK chain 530Z 3D X-ring - $266.00 Was getting ready for this year but had life changing events happen
•Ohlins Drag shock - $1100.00
•Kelly Blue Book on a stock 2005 Hayabusa - $6800.00
•Walbro 255 LPH in tank fuel pump - $189
•Vortex rear sets
•Multiple vortex rear sprockets
•Free 2 piece leather suit
•Free lessons on how to set up the clutch for racing and free - all parts the I've upgraded from (stock wheels, swing arm, shock, spockets etc.

I'm probably forgetting many of the small upgrades but take a close look at the pics. Total value of the bike is 30k plus. Lets do the math, buying a brand new 2014 Hayabusa or ZX14R will cost you 16k including tax which will run around 9.8 in the quarter. My Hayabusa is only $2,500 more (starting price $18,500) and you will crush any stock Busa, ZX14R, BMW 1000s, even nitrous bikes and you will definitely be one of if not the fastest in your town including turbo bikes because they are so hard to handle down the track. My Hayabusa is also capable of beating 1100 - 1200hp cars on a highway roll (done it). Buyer will arrange and pay their own shipping.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: 8 Second Hayabusa Up for Sale
No! You can't sell it! You're Busa Rob. If you sell it... you'll have to change your name! And to what? Model Ship in a Bottle Rob? Learning How to Crochet Rob? Making Bird Houses Rob?

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
06-04-2014, 08:16 AM
New name is BOSS Rob - I just bought a 2014 BOSS M109R, very nice and Orient Express makes a turbo kit for it. 6 lbs of boost on pump gas = 175 hp for a street cruiser, not bad.
06-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Update to include race links. Thanks
06-07-2014, 12:01 PM
would you like me to change your username to the new name? =D

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
06-09-2014, 01:56 PM
This bike is the real deal... GLWS!
06-12-2014, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 10:32 PM by BusaRob.)
(06-07-2014 12:01 PM)ars0n Wrote:  would you like me to change your username to the new name? =D

Not yet - still no offers even though I'm practically giving it away. Price is now $16,999 or best offer. Doesn't anyone like speed anymore?? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&...usa&_sop=3

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious