Rate Thread
03-02-2013, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 07:50 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
wwSCSd
What Would SCS Do?

What would you do in this situation if a LVMPD drove up your ass.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: wwSCSd
Wtf was that. Did that cop just treaten him with tickets to hopefully not say shit? I always thought if anyboy got rear ended it was always the person in the back at fault?
03-02-2013, 09:42 AM
FUCKEN PIGGS!!!!!!

When in doubt, knock 'em out! Angry
04-16-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't come on here that often so I am late to reply to this, but that was total BS. That officer knew he f'd up and intimidated that rider with threats of tickets. Cops are trained to be in charge of a situation, even when they are wrong, so they act forceful and pressure you, etc.

Any other driver would have been cited for following to close, failure to pay due attention/use due care, and more. Metro's official policy is that officer was required to immediately report the accident, no matter how minor, to dispatch. They would send a traffic officer and a supervisor out and his chain of command would follow the written procedures. Later there would be a Board of Review and possible discipline.

That cop knew all of this and wanted to bully his way out of that. The rider, if he had known the rules and had the courage to do it, could have demanded a traffic officer respond. Since he had the video to prove it he stood little chance of being cited himself. He could have even called 311 himself (non emergency line) to report the accident if the officer didn't. There is the chance he could have been cited for some BS thing if the responding officer was an equal asshat but that is what Internal Affairs is for. But most traffic officers are dicks by nature and would gladly cite the officer.

It would have been his call as to whether he wanted to go that far with it, but that cop's attitude pisses me off and makes all cops look bad (they're not). Personally, I'm old enough to see through their bullshite and I would have called 311 myself. That rider sounded young and understandably intimidated.
04-16-2013, 07:00 PM
That was a random ride and the cop got fired

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
04-16-2013, 07:01 PM
You whould know Jeff

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
04-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Please understand that cops are human and they all make mistakes too. Now that cop in particular was in the wrong and I'm sure got a talking to.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
04-16-2013, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 08:05 PM by ars0n.)
This happened to JP some of us know him personally. This was amazing that it happened to him. He is one of the few that constantly ride with a camera on. And for good reason. It appears that if he didnt have this video, more than likely the city/state would be taking that cops word for it and he would still be patrolling the streets.

Sometimes people need to take 2 steps back and realize the shit they have done. If he would have apologized, called his commander, this guy would probably still have a job and a better image for all officers. We all know not all cops are bad out there. We all have bad days, but when you threaten another for your sake, I only hope karma can do the rest..

Good riddance to someone who def should not be on the streets any longer.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
04-17-2013, 06:52 AM
~UPDATE~ Thursday, April 4, 2013
Officer Eugen Holm retired yesterday in lieu of being fired. This was confirmed by an internal affairs investigator this morning.

Officer Holm was facing Internal Affairs charges for: (1) Not reporting an accident (Metro Policy Manual 5/103.29), (2) Wrongful interaction with the public (for being discourteous and rude, Metro Policy Manual 4/102.12), and (3) Conduct Unbecoming an Officer (intimidation, Civil Service Rule 510-2). All charges were "SUSTAINED".

Thank you to everyone that shared this video and helped to bring focus to this injustice. A special thank you to my attorney Stephen Stubbs for being my voice in this importance matter. THANK YOU.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious