Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
was that your guys in the canyon this morning?
07-21-2013, 05:49 PM
was that your guys in the canyon this morning?
I was passed by about six riders (I was on a red honda cbr250 with black leather gear?

Just learning to ride, got my lic about 3 months ago.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2013, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 06:03 PM by ars0n.)
RE: was that your guys in the canyon this morning?
Welcome to the site!! Good bike to learn on! Hows the learning going for you? Any MSF classes in the future? Whats your name?! Did you stop by an meet anyone?

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
07-21-2013, 06:45 PM
That was US.... should've stop when you saw us hangin out at Ice Box
Welcome to the site and see you next time
07-21-2013, 07:33 PM
I will be there next week. I live just a few blocks away and been taking my time learning to ride the last few months.

Plus, you guys ride way too fast for me right now..will take me a few more weeks before I can corner that well.. :-)

(07-21-2013 06:45 PM)gunit Wrote:  That was US.... should've stop when you saw us hangin out at Ice Box
07-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Ride at your own pace my friend. its not a race!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

07-21-2013, 07:38 PM
it's a ride your own ride. fast guys up front slower in the back.

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
07-21-2013, 07:41 PM
The learning curve its coming along slowly..I only get the bike out early in the morning and on weekends before work. It's take a LOT longer than I ever imagined to get comfortable in the saddle..Just cracked 70mph today for the first time (for a few seconds) and it felt like I was just going to get blown off the bike. But every week is better than the last, just taking it nice and easy, trying to learn the fundamentals well.

Still have not been able to use the turn signals...just way too much going through my head right now. :-) No one told me it was going to be this hard..but still having lot of fun at it.
07-21-2013, 10:10 PM
(07-21-2013 07:33 PM)frosty2013 Wrote:  I will be there next week. I live just a few blocks away and been taking my time learning to ride the last few months.

Plus, you guys ride way too fast for me right now..will take me a few more weeks before I can corner that well.. :-)

(07-21-2013 06:45 PM)gunit Wrote:  That was US.... should've stop when you saw us hangin out at Ice Box

They ride too fast for me and I've been riding for almost 2 years Tongue

I don't even bother trying to keep up on twisties anymore when I go out Tongue
07-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Nice Bike man. Don't worry about trying to keep up, just take your time and get use to the bike. Thumbsup See you out there!

Buy my stuff lol Shoei RF1100 faceshields for sale (should fit x12s too)

Bilt and teknic mesh jacket (small)

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Harbor-Fr...ess-12-ton
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 08:06 AM by ars0n.)
Yup we arent there to race. Some ride fast because thats what they are COMFORTABLE riding at. I never really push it through red rock, but yet, people still tell me that I fly through there. And I like to think of myself as a safe rider! But, I have been riding for almost a decade now. It comes in time, but more importantly is the confidence needed to go faster that builds as you become a better rider. Sometimes you get a few guys that are "over confident" and you will see them go down, eventually..and its not even about the speed. 30 mph through red rock is more then enough on some of those turns to get you pretty leaned over. and its a 25 mph road with 15 mph slow downs in between. I love pace riding through red rock (trying not to use your brakes as much as possible) keeps you slow and prepared for the turns coming up and also helps you learn the road.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious