Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
turn signals?
08-27-2013, 12:05 PM
turn signals?
I have tried searching this site and others with not much definitive answers and didn't find any threads on this site.

In DC/VA we don't need turn signals to pass safety inspection, if they are on the bike they must work properly. We can just take them off completely and use hand signals and that is legal.

My question is that gonna pass/be legal in Vegas? I really hope so

I've worked at shops and know a lot of people in the MC community around here so when get a bike inspected we just talk shit for a little while and they hand me a sticker and i put it on the bike and roll out. My triumph never got inspected from 2007 till 2013 when I finally got a ticket for no safety sticker. lol
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: turn signals?
Nope you NEED them on the bike for a certain year and up. DMV will test them.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
08-27-2013, 12:12 PM
grrrrrrr son of a... Fack! i knew it.
08-27-2013, 12:19 PM
http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/equipreqmc.pdf

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
08-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I also believe that you need rear reflectors anywhere on the back part of the bike on right and left sides. Buy some reflector tape from an auto store and slap it on the swing arm. Took them off when I got home..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
08-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Hmm. Just read this and am now wondering how the hell they'd enforce this one when some Harley's come with 3 headlights all in a row. I'm sure they simply don't enforce it and it's all good, but since the bike comes that way from the manufacturer, you'd think they would rewrite that rule.

- Equipped with at least 1, and not more than 2 head lamps
08-27-2013, 01:16 PM
I got pulled over and ticketed for no turn signals. Several years ago.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
08-27-2013, 01:31 PM
you need them, however mine were never tested. just had to be there. as far as they were concerned, it could have just been dummy signals, but all mine work anyway.

Just wire them back up and deal with it.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
08-27-2013, 05:42 PM
(08-27-2013 12:44 PM)R3K Wrote:  Hmm. Just read this and am now wondering how the hell they'd enforce this one when some Harley's come with 3 headlights all in a row. I'm sure they simply don't enforce it and it's all good, but since the bike comes that way from the manufacturer, you'd think they would rewrite that rule.

- Equipped with at least 1, and not more than 2 head lamps

Those other two are considered "driving lights". But that doesn't stop a few guys from making them bright as fuck and making the headlight look like reading light.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
08-27-2013, 07:45 PM
i dont have any, did you see the pics of the TL...?

you think i can get away with an integrated tail light set up out back and i can throw on some bs ones up front.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious