Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
[split] Group riding discussion (from Red Rock Ride thread)
01-23-2014, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 04:38 PM by got2go.)
[split] Group riding discussion (from Red Rock Ride thread)
(01-23-2014 06:24 PM)got2go Wrote:  Note:

Based on last Sundays ride...

If you wish to ride with us, please stay with our group.
There will be a lead and a sweep rider assigned/announced before we leave the gas station.

If you are in front of the lead rider, you're doing it wrong.
If you are behind the sweep rider, you are doing it wrong.
If you don't agree with this, please let your intention known to an SCS member, and feel free to head out first, on your own.

This applies from the gas station all the way to the entrance of Red Rock.
After that, the group can redistribute itself as needed so that everyone can enjoy the scenic route.

Thank you.

THIS! we do this for a few reasons but primarily the safety of everyone in the group and those around us.

Also I would like to stress the importance of formation riding. This is also for safety reasons. When in a group, we all have to act as one essentially and be on the same page with what we are going to do. That means staggered riding positions and not passing other riders in the formation without knowing for sure that both of you know what you are doing. Also pay attention to the riders near you, looking for hand signals or signs that they may be uncomfortable with someone close to them or whatever. Also, try not to split the group by aggressively passing traffic, especially when 2 lanes are merging. Think of the others in the group as well.

I have seen these things happen numerous times by many different riders in our group and especially coming up on spring and lots of seasonal riders coming back out again, we need to make sure we are all as safe as we can be. We are already under attack by cagers here in Vegas, lets not make it worse.

Oh yeah, and IN.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Sunday 01/26/14 Red Rock Ride
(01-23-2014 06:24 PM)got2go Wrote:  Note:

Based on last Sundays ride...

If you wish to ride with us, please stay with our group.
There will be a lead and a sweep rider assigned/announced before we leave the gas station.

If you are in front of the lead rider, you're doing it wrong.
If you are behind the sweep rider, you are doing it wrong.
If you don't agree with this, please let your intention known to an SCS member, and feel free to head out first, on your own.

This applies from the gas station all the way to the entrance of Red Rock.
After that, the group can redistribute itself as needed so that everyone can enjoy the scenic route.

Thank you.

Who was Designated as the lead rider from Chevron??? We all know who the Sweeper is(Doug).
Just asking cause I don't hear very well and never heard anyone say who was leading the group.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2014, 03:49 AM
[split] temp
It's been brought to my attention that the posting of the rules was directed to myself, Cooper and apparently Big Nasty.

I have been riding with this group religiously since May.
I have been to almost every event.
You have seen me more then actual "members" out there promoting this group.
I've not only promoted the group to new riders that have come out but also to riders I meet outside of the group.
I've promoted/gotten side gigs/jobs for members outside of the motorcycle world.

I feel that I have done more for this group then some "members" and have never asked for anything in return.

Yes, I may have been over zealous because of a new bike and Was itching to test it out but to be reminded of rules on a public forum is degrading.

I joined this group to do one thing- Ride.

Something I will continue to do--
01-24-2014, 05:47 AM
(01-24-2014 03:49 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  It's been brought to my attention that the posting of the rules was directed to myself, Cooper and apparently Big Nasty.

I have been riding with this group religiously since May.
I have been to almost every event.
You have seen me more then actual "members" out there promoting this group.
I've not only promoted the group to new riders that have come out but also to riders I meet outside of the group.
I've promoted/gotten side gigs/jobs for members outside of the motorcycle world.

I feel that I have done more for this group then some "members" and have never asked for anything in return.

Yes, I may have been over zealous because of a new bike and Was itching to test it out but to be reminded of rules on a public forum is degrading.

I joined this group to do one thing- Ride.

Something I will continue to do--

No where in the " Posting" is it directed too you. Maybe someone contacted you privately about his manner, and now YOU put yourself on blast by saying it. I see Freddy Posting as a reminder instead of putting someone on the spot. But to come back with comments like that? Was that truly necessary? I get that you show up to a lot of the rides and things we do. But at the same time, as Patched members, we/they have done what was necessary to wear the patch and represent the club. I don't understand why you must comment back with the things you said?

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
01-24-2014, 06:54 AM
OK, there is no need for anyone to get butt hurt over this. This was not a "call out" or some kind of public lynching. It was simply a reminder to those who participate with the group rides. Yes, it may have been brought about because of the actions of a few on the last Sunday ride, but those actions simply show that everyone needed to be reminded of this. No one is in trouble here. Like Freddy said, there is specific reasons that we do things the way we do them, and if you want to participate with our group, you need to respect that and follow those rules. Everyone makes mistakes, or forgets something on occasion or gets overly excited about a new bike or part - we all have done this to some degree. We get that. If we mention something about it, either publicly or privately, it is not with any intention (usually) to get you in trouble or degrade you or embarrass you or anything like that, it is simply to remind you about the rules and ask that you respect them, and if not, then to ask that you not participate in our function. If it is something that becomes a trend, then we may ask you to not participate. Remember, this is about safety of our group and others on the road.

Gary - This wasn't some kind of call out and never once did anything mention you by name in the posts. This was simply a reminder. We know you participate a lot but with that, if anything, we should be holding you to a higher standard than those that haven't as you have been around us long enough to know how we operate. Again, you put yourself, cooper and Kevin on public blast here, no one else did.

Kevin - For that ride specifically, Freddy was designated group lead. You mention that you had a hard time hearing, and this brings up an excellent point, that if you or anyone didn't catch something or couldn't hear something, please do speak up and let us know. Like I said, when we go out in a group, we all need to be on the same page and know what is going on.

If anyone else has any problems with any of this or has any other issues, please feel free to PM me, text me or talk to me in person on the next ride and we can work it out. Also, if public, anonymous reminders don't work for you, I am happy to call individuals out to their face in front of the whole group if you wish, because im sort of a "put it all out on the table" kinda guy.

Now, lets get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

still IN bitches!

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

01-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Justin
You texted me and said " Freddy's post was directed at you and Cooper"

And everybody who rode Sunday knows who was up front.

Again I blame myself for being too excited about the bike.

No harm no foul...
01-24-2014, 08:46 AM
(01-24-2014 08:24 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  Justin
You texted me and said " Freddy's post was directed at you and Cooper"

And everybody who rode Sunday knows who was up front.

Again I blame myself for being too excited about the bike.

No harm no foul...
exactly... I texted you, privately. No one put you in blast on the forum.

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

01-24-2014, 10:00 AM
My apologies. I was riding up front with Gary and Cooper so I assume this applies to me as well. I'm someone who likes to be told stuff straight up so please by all means. I'm not exactly clear on what the problem was, was this leaving Chevron heading to RR? Didn't we follow someone out? I feel like someone was even blocking traffic? Again my apologies, I'm truly concerned with riding safe both on my behalf and on behalf of the people I am riding with. My experience, and also my knowledge, about group riding is limited so if I do something wrong or out of line please let me know so it doesn't happen again.
01-24-2014, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 12:01 PM by ars0n.)
To All,

There should always be a pre-ride meeting where the leader and sweeper are designated. During this time the speaker should also mention that if you wish to ride out of the group, make it known and do so... We dont like to race in or to RR and if people want to haul ass through there they are recommended to ride ahead of group or outside of the group.

If this wasn't clearly communicated at the beginning of the ride, first apologies on our end, but ANY SCS member present should take the reins and do so to ensure a safe and proper ride.

To some, if not most of us, proper communication and group riding skills are very important and when we see an issue, we make it known. We have a post in the rides section on proper group riding, hand signals, etc. If you have not educated yourself on that topic yet please do so.

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Video-How...oup+riding

Freddy's post was pretty generalized and its apparent some felt perhaps scolded or chastised. Just know that we look out for our own here as well as new riders and if we ever see a possible issue or problem that may occur we are pro-active and will take the steps necessary to ensure the club and its riders have a safe and fun group of individuals to ride with.

And on a side note, If anyone ever has a problem with a member and or officer, please contact any avail officer or member and please make the issue known. Officers and members with have patches and name tags designated to their nicknames and positions on their vests.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
01-25-2014, 09:37 AM
FYI I am a patched member seeing I founded this club. I was from the beginning GRANDFATHERED in as always being a patched member as per Gleno (when he took the reigns as President when I stepped down) and voted on by the members at that time. Unfortunately most of those members no longer ride with the club and my buddy Gleno isn't around any longer to ask. If that has changed then I will be more than happy to turn in my patch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious