Rate Thread
07-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Hey guys, my name is Nick. I've been searching around on the internet trying to find a group to start riding with. Id like to go out with a group that is mainly sport bikes. I've been riding dirt bikes pretty much my whole life so I'm familiar with riding, but street is a whole other beast. I've been riding for about 3 or so months now, but i havnt gone on any curvy roads or group rides. Would really like too, so my question is more about the groups that go out, is it mainly expert riders? Fast pace? or can pretty much anyone join up and ride? I have a Katana 600 (I know I know, not technically a sport bike, but hey its my first bike Tongue ) Would really like to be apart of the next ride to something like Red Rock, or similar. Would love your guys feedback.

Thanks,
Nick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2013, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 07:55 PM by tomy.)
RE: newbie
All of are ride are ride your own ride. keep your eyes on the foum we ride thursdays and sunday at redrock. welcome to the foum.

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
07-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Yo yo yo!!!! Welcome to the site! We like to all ride at our own pace.. some of us are not as quick as the others. But this is no problem. Faster guys ride in the front and the not so fast towards the rear. We have a sweeper on all rides and he makes sure we all arrive in one place safely! We are having a two wheel tuesday tomorrow(meet and greet and grub), check out our rides and gatherings section for more locations and meetups!! Hope to see you soon!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
07-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Awesome! sounds great, Will try and see if I can make tomorrow, If not, the thursday or Sunday ride I should be able to make for sure. Thanks alot guys, see you soon.
07-16-2013, 12:12 AM
welcome to the site!! hope to see you out on the loop with us soon!

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
07-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Welcome to site. Your first group ride is always intimidating but soon after you realize there was nothing to worry about. This group of guys is great group to ride with. Friendly atmosphere. Gear and safety is always first. Lots of experience levels from newbies to track junkies to learn from. Everyone rides at their own pace. If someone wants to be Valentino Rossi then they will pass you and that's that. No one is out to set a fast lap, except maybe a guy named Matt on a red Kawi, but really you go at your own pace. There are plenty of people on rides so feel free to approach any member and ask questions. Better to ask before something happens than after. Again, welcome to site.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
07-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Hey Newbie

I've recently started riding with the group. Probably been on 3-4 rides through the loop.
I'm re-learning to ride so I'm definitely behind them but they are serious when they say you ride at your own pace.

See you Thursday. Wink
07-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Sorry.... Not Newbie---Nick. Lol
07-18-2013, 08:28 PM
thanks guys, um definatly wont be able to make it out this weekend, had to lay the bike down today, so in the process of trying to get it home tonight and then i gotta figure out how to fix it :/ no injuries, banged up my knee a little but nothing serious. luckly was able to dodge the other cars.
07-18-2013, 08:57 PM
NoooO! hope you are ok!? Any idea what happened? What damages to the bike?

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious