Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
eBay virgin
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM
eBay virgin
I just bought some shit off of eBay, and it's my first time using it how do you know if ur getting f-ck over?

The guy I bought from had 1200+ reviews and only 2 negative reviews. I used my cc through paypal and I got my confirmation from eBay saying he got my money. But I haven't got my confirmation that he sent the package yet? I paid this morning after in won the bid last night.

My ? Is when should I start worrying lol or call paypal to freeze the money ?

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: eBay virgin
Some sellers take a few days to ship out. Check his auction it's usually 2-3 days for handling time. Just email and ask them. Don't assume everyone is out to scam you on eBay Wink
10-10-2012, 09:17 PM
A good time frame is 3-5 days to ship. Like previously mentioned, just email and ask. I used to run a small eBay business from home and when I had a bunch of auctions ending a few days apart I would wait and ship them all together. That's why they put a handling time frame in there. If you get screwed, let eBay know and write a nasty review. That usually gets their attention. In the 15 years I have been buying from eBay I have only had a handful of disputes and they all got settled, either with a refund or my stuff showing up. Guess I've been one of the lucky ones.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
10-10-2012, 09:19 PM
BTW, With that title, Tomy might think that eBay is trying to sell virgins.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
10-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Relax bro, I've bought a bunch of stuff off ebay spanning the last 10 years. Never had an issue. You are pretty safe when you buy as you did. Check sellers reviews, using ones with high sales numbers. Buying through paypal is the only way to pay somewhat safely. A lot of sellers are merchants.
10-10-2012, 11:01 PM
I have never been screwed by eBay just make sure the seller has good feedback and you will golden!
10-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Calm your tits.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Dude, your screwed. Just kidding. If you paid with PayPal you have no worries. I get a lot of stuff on eBay. I think I'm up to 80 buys now. Hope you got some killer rotors at a great price!

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
10-11-2012, 07:50 AM
"But Daddy, I want it now!!" haha, jk.
10-11-2012, 02:28 PM
yeah dont trip ebay... i have bought and sold thousands of things on ebay and only problem I ever had was in selling when the wonderful USPS looses a package... happened a handful of times. I used to make a pretty decent side living parting motorcycles on ebay. Most of my parts come from ebay. Most parts I get from private sellers usually arrive way faster than you think they will. Ordering from companies usually takes longer and can cost more.

your fine.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious