Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Yamaha FJ-09
11-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Yamaha FJ-09
Yamaha is pumping them out.

A baby FJR.

[Image: FJ-09_zpse0d62ff5.jpg]

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 05:06 PM
RE: Yamaha FJ-09
(11-06-2014 10:07 PM)Dougk35 Wrote:  Yamaha is pumping them out.

A baby FJR.

[Image: FJ-09_zpse0d62ff5.jpg]

If I didn't have my mind set on my dream bike, the Multistrada, this would be an option. I would seriously consider the FJ-9.
12-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Have you sat on a multistrada?

I sat on a multistrada when I got my Monster back this Summer and it was VERY high and I am a tall guy maybe 35 inch inseam?

Not saying you don't have long legs or maybe it was the setup but I was up on my tip toes and I can stand up on my zx-10r and monster and leave the seat a few inches.

It could have just been the setup also it only shows as a 33.3 inch vs my 30 inch on the monster but that 3 point something inches felt huge haha.

Riding hard since 1981 !
- Old Honda 110, Yamaha 100, Suzuki TS 110, Yamaha 400, Yamaha FZR Genesis, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 1000F, Honda CBR 900RR
- Current Kawasaki ZX10 R, Ducati M 1200 S Monster.
Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150...
12-20-2014, 02:55 PM
(12-19-2014 07:31 PM)Quip Wrote:  Have you sat on a multistrada?

I sat on a multistrada when I got my Monster back this Summer and it was VERY high and I am a tall guy maybe 35 inch inseam?

Not saying you don't have long legs or maybe it was the setup but I was up on my tip toes and I can stand up on my zx-10r and monster and leave the seat a few inches.

It could have just been the setup also it only shows as a 33.3 inch vs my 30 inch on the monster but that 3 point something inches felt huge haha.

Yes I have, and the bike is tall. I'm only 5-9 but I should be okay by getting a lower seat and keeping the bike in one of the four modes that also lowers the bike down a bit. I won't be able to flat foot the bike, but again I can't even flat foot my FZ6 so I'm use to leaning to one side in order to flat foot or using the toes of my feet. This is probably one of the reasons why I'm so great at doing real tight turns, when it comes to parking the bike, I always make sure my bike is parked facing outwards so I don't have to powerwalk the bike backwards.
12-20-2014, 04:41 PM
There's always a way, and I have to say that I am falling in love with the feel of a Twin engine. This monster is my first twin street bike and really is a blast. Ducati was always my dream brand also but more along the lines of the 916 back in the mid 90's but I have a ZX-10r also and wanted something a little more relaxed on seating position and the monster is fitting nicely.

Riding hard since 1981 !
- Old Honda 110, Yamaha 100, Suzuki TS 110, Yamaha 400, Yamaha FZR Genesis, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 1000F, Honda CBR 900RR
- Current Kawasaki ZX10 R, Ducati M 1200 S Monster.
Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150...
12-22-2014, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2014 02:51 PM by VEGASRIDER.)
(12-20-2014 04:41 PM)Quip Wrote:  There's always a way, and I have to say that I am falling in love with the feel of a Twin engine. This monster is my first twin street bike and really is a blast. Ducati was always my dream brand also but more along the lines of the 916 back in the mid 90's but I have a ZX-10r also and wanted something a little more relaxed on seating position and the monster is fitting nicely.

I can relate to having a dream bike, the Multistrada has been mine for over 5 years. It must be new, no previous owner. I am not going to settle for anything else, probably the reason why I still have my FZ6 with 100,000 miles. I have patience and the timing must be right. I'm guessing that I will finally end up with one within the next 10 months. Been a while since I've been back in Vegas, did they ever get a new Ducati dealership since Pat Clark dissappeared?

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious