Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Yamaha Demo Trailer coming to Vegas
04-19-2015, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 02:17 PM by VEGASRIDER.)
Yamaha Demo Trailer coming to Vegas
The Yamaha demo trailer was here in Boise this weekend for the Idaho Motorcycle shows so I had an opportunity to demo some Yamaha's. I was informed that the next stop was Vegas, at Ride Now on Boulder next weekend. These are much better than the test rides you take at the dealership that last about 5 minutes. These demo bikes actually gives you about a 20-25 minutes worth of saddle time, although it is a group ride.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/yamahaevents

[Image: 20150418_105706_zpsccglw1jj.jpg]

[Image: 20150418_105623_zpscc2kngk5.jpg]

Started off riding the FJ-09. I liked having the panniers. The handlebars were kind of wide, meaning the grips were spread far apart similar to a motocross bike. So in the event I was going to ride this bike for 12-15 hours, which I usually do on my roadtrips, I'm not sure how I would feel during and after the ride. If I had to get a Yamaha to replace my FZ6 which is my only ride, I guess this would be the one. It's a great every day do it all bike in my opinion.

[Image: 20150418_105642_zps3kzwexnc.jpg]

Next, FJR-1300. Very comfortable, with comfortable handlebar positioning compared to the FJ-09. Electric adustable windscreen while you ride. If I had to go long distance, this would be my choice.

[Image: 20150418_122341_zpsfygrargp.jpg]

Vmax. The bike I disliked the most. Stiff suspension. Very heavy front end, making it very hard to steer even when you are rolling. It didn't even sound very good. It will take a while to get use to riding this bike. I also didn't like part of the instrument panel which was located on the fuel tank, it required you to take your eyes off the road and looking down. Your tach, speedometer and turn indicators are up front, but in order to see your fuel guage, odometer, clock, etc. you had to look down. Unfortunately, I was only able to get up to 70mph via a slingshot, which is frowned upon during these demos, so I really didn't get an opportunity to see what she really had.

[Image: 20150418_122401_zps8qpbqupq.jpg]

Super Tenere. I guess in summary, a bigger version of the FJ-09. Once again, wide handlebars. Heated grips worked very well! It's a tall bike, but the seat was kind of narrow so it helped me reach part of the ground, but I still had to lean to one side everytime I game to a stop.

[Image: 20150419_102028_zpsd8ywcadm.jpg]

FZ-09. A lot of low end as you may have heard. If you have it on the sport mode, it's very jerky from the point when you completely roll off the throttle and roll back on. Kind of like just having an On/Off switch versus a volume control. The other settting has reduced power so it's not so jerky. And maybe it's just because the bike is naked, but it seemed like I was right on top of the front wheel. Kind of a weird feeling, I'm use to having and seeing a front end or nose of a bike.

[Image: 20150419_112137_zpsrvim0ieg.jpg]

If my memory serves me correct. All of the bikes had a gear indicator, with a fuel gauge. Plan on bringing a full face helmet, if you don't have one, they have helmets you can borrow. Depending on the person, you are allowed 2-3 demo's per day. Which is kind of stupid, if there are bikes just sitting there, they should encourage riders to ride and try out as many Yamaha's as they can, especially if you are a Yamaha owner!

Kenny
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Yamaha Demo Trailer coming to Vegas
Nice article.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
04-19-2015, 02:46 PM
OH SHIT!!!!!!! I can finally test drive my new bike!?!?!??!

FUCK YEAHH!!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
04-19-2015, 02:46 PM
and fyi there is a computer flash mod that fixes all throttle issues on the fz9

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

04-19-2015, 11:04 PM
The VMAX isnt supposed to be even remotely comfortable. It was originally, and still is, designed as a muscle cruiser to run the 1/4 mile - basically a direct competitor or my V65 Magna. It doesnt have much off the line but once you hit the middle of 2nd gear it will rip your arms out of their sockets if your not careful.

otherwise im just not a huge fan of the remainder of their lineup, but may just have to go down and beat up on some demos next weekend.

I remember when aprilia had a demo truck in denver once and the rides were 1 on 1 and me and the guy got into a wheelie contest on the RSV1K. that was interesting.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
04-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Well I am in for this. Going to make a post if any one wants to go down and test ride some of these beaut's.

04-20-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm down if we can do early afternoon on Saturday. Maybe like 1?

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
04-20-2015, 06:13 PM
FYI.... they only let you ride 2 or 3 times. If you're plannng on more than 2-3 demos, you will have to go both days like I did. It's a silly rule, half the bikes sat since there was never a group ride that consisted of more than 6-7 riders. Might be different in Vegas, Boise is such a small city. In my opinion, if you're a Yamaha owner, you should be able to go as many times as you like.
04-20-2015, 06:14 PM
I only care about one. muahahhahaha!

04-20-2015, 06:14 PM
And thank you kenny for posting this!!

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious