Romney 10.00% 1 10.00%
Xenu, Lord 30.00% 3 30.00%
None of these 0% 0 0%
Total 10 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Who's gonna win?!
11-08-2012, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 03:41 PM by The Doctor.)
RE: Who's gonna win?!
(11-08-2012 01:57 PM)Mustang Wrote:  Matt I also grew up with just a single parent (my mother) so I get what you are saying I do. I read your response and cant help to think that maybe it was your mother who made it happen (not clinton) it hwas her drive to make something of her self and to provide a better life for you. She could have stayed on the goverment tit but she chose not to! I believe your mother is the amazing one not Clinton.

(11-08-2012 01:49 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 07:57 AM)Mustang Wrote:  I see it a bit diffrent, Why was he amazing? Beside getting head in the oval office!

(11-07-2012 11:10 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 05:53 PM)JetMech Wrote:  So Matt, if you have ever taken an upper level analytical statistics class, you will know that numbers and charts, though based in factual numbers, CAN be manipulated.

Not when the axis are all standardized and un-broken. Sure you could have one graph where the dollar value goes from 0-10 and one from 5-8. But that's not the case in any of these.

And the values for the unemployment rate do change, but if anything it does a disservice to the Democrats. Clinton's unemployment rate starts at 3.5%, lower than any of the other presidents, and tops out at 7.5%, also lower than any of the other presidents. The moral of the story is Bill Clinton is amazing.

Because I grew up on welfare and food stamps. I was one of the little ghettos rats as a kid. I remember being four years old and in the kitchen as a bullet broke the kitchen window. He implemented some social programs that limited welfare but also allowed single mothers, like mine, to go back to school and receive their GED's for free, since most of them, like mine, didn't have the financial means to do so by themselves. So my mother received her GED and landed a job with what is now HSBC bank, working her way up to eventually become the #1 credit underwriter in Nevada, and allowing us to move out of the ghetto. That's why.

But he put the policies into place that allowed for her to succeed. Without the financial aid and policies available to her, getting her GED simply was not even possible. Granted there are those who would be offered the exact same situation and would refuse to take action, because abusing the government is the easier option. But there are those people who are in situations not of their choosing, and without government aid they're unable to better their situation. Cyclical poverty is a real issue. Of course there are dumb bitches who leech off the system, and they anger me as much as they anger you.

But social programs can and do work. So the question becomes this: if I become a doctor, working for the military and I save your child's life, and the only reason I was able to get out of the ghetto, go through college career, and get into med school was either partially or fully supported by government programs. If they weren't in place, I wouldn't be there to save your child's life. Was it worth it? Even knowing that for every success story there are five or ten similar families who just leech off of the system? Does my good, as a life saving tax paying doctor working for the military or other at needs areas, outweigh the bad imposed upon the system by those leeches? I may be biased, but I think the answer is yes.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious