* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Who's gonna win?!
11-07-2012, 05:45 AM
RE: Who's gonna win?!
(11-07-2012 12:20 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 10:47 PM)MVBrutaleRider Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 04:15 PM)ridethebigone Wrote:  You don't build that amount of wealth because you're dumb. But you can get elected to the oval office because a shitload of voters are dumb, circa 2008.

No, you don't build that amount of wealth honestly... Romney is nothing more than a corporate whore that said anything and everything for either a buck or a vote. He got rich off of destroying people's jobs, lives and families by "investing" in and then draining every dime out of businesses without any concern for those affected. He views women as inferior beings and his "proven success" in job creation was actually 47th place out of 50 in the country.

Now calling (democrat) voters dumb just isn't very nice... You can't make an intelligent argument as to why your candidate lost (or should have won) so you resort to name calling as a last ditch effort justify your own self richeousness? Grow up. This is the ultimately the problem (as i see it) with the political right mentality... You can't prove your right, so you just try to show how the other side is wrong. But again, this is simply my opinion and it is your right to be who/how/what you want to be and I respect that enough not to resort to insults of an entire group of people.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

- J

You're*

Can I say you're dumb now? Evil6

Dammit!!!

I hate you.

I saw that but was typing on my phone... Editing is a PITA from the phone. That and considering I typed all that on my phone while hopped up on painkillers from some medical shit yesterday, I did pretty damn good. Lol.

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Yahoo yay for 20 plus Trillion in DET by 2016! Yay for free birth control and abortions
for wimmins, yay for higher taxes because nobody needs to keep more then 50% of what they make, yay for gay marriage, now they can go through the same headaches of devorce as the rest of us.
11-07-2012, 10:21 AM
(11-07-2012 08:19 AM)Mustang Wrote:  Yahoo yay for 20 plus Trillion in DET (DEBT* - and, thank GW for getting us into the longest running and most expensive war in US history that one cant just walk out of now because we are too involved. We have destroyed whole countries. We cant just walk away from that.) by 2016! Yay for free birth control and abortions for wimmins (a hell of a lot cheaper to prevent than paying for child birth out of public tax money when the patient can't pay so the hospitals take a tax write-off and actually make money at the expense of the US taxpayer. Abortion was not intended to be used as a form of regular birth control), yay for higher taxes because nobody needs to keep more then 50% of what they make (The richest people in the country generally pay the LEAST amount of taxes because they can afford to hire lawyers and bean counters to work any possible loophole - or create new loopholes. The roads you ride/drive on, the national parks you enjoy, the protection you get from our military every day - none of this is free. BTW, the most maintained, nicest public facilities and infrastructure, and the best educated communities are those in the highest taxed regions of the country.) , yay for gay marriage, now they can go through the same headaches of devorce (divorce*) as the rest of us. (How does this have ANY effect on you? who are you to tell ANYONE what they can or can not do. same applies to me. I dont have that right either. Besides, Gays have every right to be just as miserable as the rest of us.)

Just sayin.

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

11-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Haha straight out of the liberal talking points! The MSM has done a great job and blaming Bush for anything and everything all the why'll protecting Obama and the Demacrocks.
11-07-2012, 11:19 AM
By the way gay marriage has now impact on my life and I truly don't care if gay marriage is legal or not, my statement was clearly about the social issue and how it effects the vote. To me social issues should not be a topic for a presidential candidate. What to pass gay marriage, pot or free birth control write to your state seniter these are state issues not presidential issues.
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey guys.. Obama won.. Wasn't sure if you herd yet.

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
(11-07-2012 11:11 AM)Mustang Wrote:  Haha straight out of the liberal talking points!...
Me thinks that has something to do with me being a liberal...

(11-07-2012 11:11 AM)Mustang Wrote:  ...The MSM has done a great job and blaming Bush for anything and everything all the why'll protecting Obama and the Demacrocks.

im certainly not protecting anyone... I am supportive of the candidate that most closely represents my beliefs. Obama has his issues for sure. Democrats have their own set of issues though. Hell, getting dems to agree on anything collectively is like herding cats. On the other hand, Repubs tend to focus more on control through hate and fear - often religiously driven and disguised as "moral" or "right". I am most certainly NOT a religious person and strongly feel that religion has NO PLACE in government. I don't have any issues with religion however, and respect ones right to worship as they feel, but that worship or belief should never be forced upon anyone, conventionally or through government and lawmaking. Obviously this presents its own set of challenges in determining what is in fact moral or right or wrong, but I fully agree with you in that social issues have no place at the federal level - most don't have a place at the local and state level either for that matter. If it doesn't hurt anyone and makes some people happy, why the hell not?

On the healthcare thing, however, that is not only a social issue, but in fact a federal financial issue. Government subsidizing (where people got the term take-over is beyond me) of health care insurance is FAR less expensive than the cash payouts to the hospitals in the form of tax write-offs. It also allows people, like myself, that work my ass off but still cant afford my own health insurance, to no be completely bankrupt in the even that I trip and fall and break my arm.

Having been in the ER with insurance (back when i had it), and my EX fiance without insurance for similar medical issues, the difference is astounding in the billing. With insurance, you are in and out as fast as they can get you through with relatively low bills. Without insurance, however, you get the royal treatment, as many test and scans and MRIs and X-Rays and blood work and anything they can possibly rack up because they (the hospitals) know that you wont be able to pay it. after failed collection attempts (mostly phone calls or an internal collection department), it is written off as a bad debt and actually get more back from that than they would have if you had insurance. Never once have I seen an ER actually make a legit effort to collect money through a court or otherwise (and my ex had $150K worth of medical bills from a back injury that was never paid) because if they did, they wouldn't be able to do the write-off.

Bush, on the other hand, is as crooked and just plain dumb as they get. He never wrote a speech on his own or even contributed to one. Hell, any news/press conference, all questions had to be pre-screened and selectively asked so that he had an already determined answer. The man is incapable of making his own *intelligent* decisions. He was nothing more than a puppet and was not fit for the position of president in any way, shape or form. Not to mention the most expensive and longest war, that was not a war on terrorism - it was/still is protecting oil plain and simple. Keeping the middle east in turmoil allows us the ability to move in and maintain control of the oil - but this is a whole 'nother series of threads in itself.

One thing that does crack me up about the political right is that generally they are the ones screaming about too much government and everything needs to be de-regulated and the government needs to get out of peoples lives - yet they are the very same people telling you what you cant do (same sex marriage, birth control, ect.)

on that note, the problem with de-regulation is not one of government. It is one of individuals within those industries and companies that take advantage the lack of regulation by doing, generally, bad or un-ethical things for the sake of the bottom line, but its "OK" because it isn't illegal. things spiral out of control very quickly. Monopolies are formed and then there is no longer such a thing as free market. There needs to be oversight and a system of checks and balances so that samll biz can have a sporting chance to make it and offer options and advance growth of an economy.

I'll climb down off my soap box now.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

11-07-2012, 12:32 PM
(11-07-2012 11:11 AM)Mustang Wrote:  The MSM has done a great job and blaming Bush for anything and everything

[Image: UkbjKWCVSkafWSxrmT8jkg2.png]

Not blaming Bush for everything. But please look at the data. Statistically the country hit a low points when Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. were in office. And you can't recover from that overnight just because someone else got elected. Honestly, Obama isn't my favorite, and I think he could have done more, but just looking at the trends, we're obviously on the right path.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
11-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Matt interesting chart but anyone can fluff a chart but facts are facts. The MSM hounded Bush for spending over 1.5 trillian buring his 8 years in office dringin the national dedt to 10 trillion. Obama even said that Bush was irresponsible and unpatriotic durning his 2008 campaign and that he would reduce the dedt by half in his first turm. Yet once in office he managed to raise the dedt to 16 trillion and thats ok?
The Democracts have had a 75% control of our goverment sense the 60's which means most of the policies applyed today where because of the Dems.
Listen I love my country and dont want to see it go to shit. Any political partyor person who looks at the constitution as a road block should NOT be in a postion of power and the fact that Democrats are always trying to get around the constitution tells me they are not upholding their oath and should be impeached on the spot.

that is all please drive through!
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I smell at least two more years of gridlock.

I hope today's market does not indicate a trend.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious