Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Where to make copies of my motorcycle key?
03-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Where to make copies of my motorcycle key?
So I'm looking to make a copy for my honda since it's the only set I have but from the research i've done so far, it doesn't look like I can just go to a lowes or walmart. Is that right? Huh

Any recommended places you guys have used that is not too expensive? I was originally hoping it would only be a couple of bucks @ walmart but I'm guessing it;s a bit more expensive at a locksmith?

Buy my stuff lol Shoei RF1100 faceshields for sale (should fit x12s too)

Bilt and teknic mesh jacket (small)

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Harbor-Fr...ess-12-ton
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 11:03 PM by SST91.)
RE: Where to make copies of my motorcycle key?
moto xpress locksmith can cut you a new key.. they are on craig road.. i had them cut many different keys for my work
03-06-2014, 06:15 AM
I went through this hassle recently with my CBR600F. Mine has HISS (it says this on the ignition barrel), which means the key has a chip in it which needs to be recognised by the engine management system. Make sure the locksmith knows this and has a way to clone the chip in your existing key, otherwise the copy will turn the lock but won't start the engine!

I couldn't find a local locksmith able to do the cloning, so I did it another way: buy a key blank with a new chip in it, get a locksmith to copy my existing key (just the shape, not worrying about the chip), then follow a simple procedure involving an easily-obtained connector and resistor to introduce the new key's chip to the engine management system.
03-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys appreciate the input. Luckily my 08 don't have HISS so thats one less thing to worry about Smile

Buy my stuff lol Shoei RF1100 faceshields for sale (should fit x12s too)

Bilt and teknic mesh jacket (small)

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Harbor-Fr...ess-12-ton

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious