Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Where to get fork springs replaced at?
03-18-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Where to get fork springs replaced at?
Steve and the gang did a great job on my forks. I have to take the bike back in to do some final touches on it because we found out that there were some differences in the Race Tech springs vs the stock springs (length wise), but we'll get it worked out. Smile

But so far I've been impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of everyone there. Very cool. Smile

If you can't beat 'em...shoot 'em! Rofl2

South Bay Photography
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Yep... there always seems to be a length difference between the aftermarket and OEM springs. (you will find this out when attempting to set the sag after the install) They usually supply a piece of tubing to use to compensate for the difference.
Find all posts by this user
03-20-2013, 05:25 AM
This is news to me. I must have gotten lucky when I replaced my GSXR springs on my own because they were the same size and slid in with no issues except for being harder to compress due to the stronger spring. LOL!

I'm going to have to call Steve today and see when he can get them done because I believe I'm going to do the SMMR trackday on Apr 6th, so I need to get the forks done now. This way I can get a little used to them before the trackday. Big Grin

South Bay Photography
03-24-2013, 12:06 PM
I wanted to thank Freddy and all of you guys for suggesting Steve & the guys at Las Vegas Dyno Tech. They did an awesome job with my forks. The bike feels AWESOME and they did an awesome job with the setup on it! It truly tracks out of the corners now and it feels better than I ever thought the bike could! And that was just a little test ride on the street! Yahoo

I can't wait to do the SMMR trackday on April 6th and see how it feels on the track!

South Bay Photography

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious