Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Where to buy???
05-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Where to buy???
Hey all,

Anyone know where the best place to look for a good used inverter generator is at?

Something like the Honda EU2000i or the Yamaha EF2000is is what I'm looking for. I need it to run my laptop and such at trackdays to download and sell my images. I'll actually be shooting the TrackTactics trackday next weekend (Sun 5/22/2013) and I don't have any type of generator to run my equipment. Sad

I don't have the money to go out and buy something like this brand new. I was considering some of the "off brands" on eBay/Amazon/etc...but I've seen some YouTube results of comparisons and they didn't fair so well. Sad Even though they are rated the same as the Honda/Yamaha, they still couldn't perform the same.

So, I was hoping to get a lead on where to get a used one. I checked Craigslist and it's a no go. I checked eBay, but they want like $50 to ship it and it still won't get here in time. Sad

Anyway, thanks for listenin'. Smile

If you can't beat 'em...shoot 'em! Rofl2

South Bay Photography
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2013, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 07:42 PM by Rev. That Guy.)
RE: Where to buy???
If I was in town I have a Honda eu2000i that you could borrow, but it needs a plug and carb cleaned and I'm 2 states away.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2013, 05:41 PM
If you were in town, I'd clean the carb and replace the plug, just to borrow it. LOL Smile I appreciate that though, bro. Smile It's my fault for waiting so late, but I just found out I got the gig for this weekend and the one in Oct.

South Bay Photography
05-18-2013, 06:17 PM
mat i have a gen but no inverter you can use.

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
05-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Just buy some hamsters and a wheel.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
05-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Mr. Tomy - I appreciate it. Maybe I can pick up an inverter fairly cheap to plug into your generator. I'll have to look around.

I just know that I need an inverter to run my computer and photography equipment. Not going to take a chance otherwise. That stuff is too darn expensive to take the chance on running it with no inverter. :-P But I do appreciate the offer very much! Smile

I don't know, maybe I'll buy the cheaper inverter generator for now. The only things I'm really running are my laptop and maybe a camera battery charger. That's it really. I was hoping to use it in the future for a set of tire warmers at the track as well and/or studio lighting in the field. That's why I wanted to make sure it could truly run at 1600W continuous and 2000W peak (as the Honda & Yamaha gens do), but upon seeing one guy doing testing with the Champion (CPE) 2000W inverter generator vs a 5 year old Honda EU2000i generator and it would "overload" trying to run the exact same items the Honda would run with no problem, that made me stop and think. Sad

But then again, I'm sure the Champion would get me through next weekend without a hitch, but then again, I'm wasting $400 that I could put towards a Honda. (that's around $700-$800 used) (sigh)

South Bay Photography
05-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Matt - The hamsters are in route. Special order from Russia.

South Bay Photography
05-19-2013, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2013 07:16 PM by JetMech.)
I have one at my office you can use. 3.5 k watt generator. It's pretty f&@&% loud though. It's a heavy duty husky one from Home Depot. We ran 2500 watts of light stands at night and the thing will run 6-7 hours on one tank full.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
05-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Damn boy...that definitely will kick out some wattage, eh? LOL I appreciate it, but it looks like TrackTactics canceled the trackday for this weekend, so I won't need to borrow or buy a generator at this time. Just gives me more time to save up now. Smile

But I appreciate everyone willing to help me out, as always. You guys/girls are the best!

Mat

South Bay Photography
05-21-2013, 12:18 PM
No problem mang. One of these we actually meet and put a face to a name.

Furthermore, WTF!!!! They cancelled?

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious