Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
What is your thermostat set at?
07-01-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: What is your thermostat set at?
(07-01-2013 08:56 AM)JetMech Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 07:48 AM)ars0n Wrote:  my bish loves it cold, usually around 76-77 but our house is small and the last pwr bill was around 100-150..

Damn. Even keeping it at 82/80 my last power bill was $200. Down from $230 this time last year.

The cost of power is only going to go up. Moving off of coal will cause increases because it's so cheap relative to other power sources. And it's next to impossible to build Nuke power plants.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 10:48 AM
(07-01-2013 10:27 AM)ars0n Wrote:  How old is your ac? Even though newer models are spensive as hell, the energy saving is redonculous. But also, the fact you have a 2 story, does put a stress on the ac since cold air flows downwards.. Soon as upstairs is cool, it all goes downstairs... then again, you might also have a weather stripping or window sealant problem, or perhaps too many windows facing or getting sunlight that arent covered with sun blocking window drapes? Most of my windows have them that face the sun and make a HUGE diff on room temps.. they are like 16 bucks a drape.. usually takes 2 drapes per most windows.

My problem is I have 2 units. The biggest issue is that the forward most room is above garage. So in summer it's always way warmer & in winter way colder than any other room. The T-stat is only afew feet away from that room, so in the master it could be 75, the t-stat can register 80 and the forward most room be sitting at 84. I keep the door closed to that room but even still, the t-stat is just in a bad spot.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
07-01-2013, 10:59 AM
oh yeah, i had 2 ac units once. faq that . Id rather have the upstairs always off and then get personal mini ac units or fans for upstairs..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious