Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Trusted truck mechanic? - Engine Work.
10-05-2015, 12:26 AM
Trusted truck mechanic? - Engine Work.
Looking for a trusted truck mechanic. Need some engine work done.

Anyone have some recommendations?

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2015, 08:38 AM
RE: Trusted truck mechanic? - Engine Work.
What you need done

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
10-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Did some more research on the crankshaft pulley.. and the only way most of these guys got the OEM pulley off was to crank bump the nut off. This requires you to mount a breaker bar to the bolt then secure it to the truck, turn over the truck but not starting it and then the shaft drives the bolt off for you.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

10-05-2015, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 09:38 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
whats wrong? performance or just maintenance?

- J

EDIT, didnt refresh before posting...

why do you need to take the pulley off? front main leak or installing an underdrive pulley?

depends on the configuration of the motor but doing a starter bump to break a nut loose is a good way to hurt someone and break your truck. Get/Use the proper tools. I have a rattle gun that should knock it off no problem space allowing. If mine can do it, i have access to stronger ones that can.

Now if you dont have a ton of space to work with you may have to pull other things to make room or come up with some other solution... perhaps a starter bump is the only way, but I would do that as an absolutely LAST RESORT.

Let me know what you are actually trying to do and I can help you sort it out.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
10-05-2015, 09:35 AM
performanceeeee

10-05-2015, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 09:41 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
(10-05-2015 09:35 AM)ars0n Wrote:  performanceeeee

Underdrive pulley.... hmmm

be ready to replace batteries frequently have an AC thats not as cold as it should be... and less responsive power steering at idle.

- Ken "No Neck"

10-05-2015, 09:43 AM
do they make a smaller pulley for your alternator and water pump? if so you will want to consider those and also a shorter belt which may take some research to find so that you are spinning those faster with the slower main pulley.

just some thoughts.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

10-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Buy a new truck with more power

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
10-05-2015, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 10:26 AM by ars0n.)
already did all the research, tons of guys on the frontier forums have the same pulley with aftermarket stereos and noticed no issues with AC and battery life..

10-05-2015, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 01:48 PM by Rev. That Guy.)
just been my experience with them in the past. Ive had them on cars and frankly, it is a negligible gain (recovery) if at all. trying to reduce parasitic drag wont net you a huge amount of anything. You would, I think, be better off allocating funds to allowing the motor to breath properly. freer flowing exhaust and a good intake system, something like the Airaid offering with the full airbox assembly and a K&N type filter would make the biggest gains for the buck. You will loose a little on the bottom as with any freer flowing engine but gain a decent amount mid and top (actual gain, not recovery) - depending on what you do with the exhaust. Even just the intake will help quite a bit. Then even a free flowing catalytic converter would be a world of difference and relatively inexpensive.

but that is just what I would do.

Either way, if you need help knocking that pulley off, let me know. they are all about the same and all a pain in the ass. Dont have a pulley remover but one can be borrowed so not an issue. What is the size percentage difference of the new pulley?

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious