Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Troy Bayliss makes his return to WSBK
02-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Troy Bayliss makes his return to WSBK
Did nobody else see this?

https://motomatters.com/news/2015/02/18/...o_wor.html

Sadly, his times thus far are nothing to write home about, but I'm still holding out hope that he at least beats some of the young guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Troy Bayliss makes his return to WSBK
Don't think members in this forum care about WSBK, let alone any other race News. Like I said in the dead 702 forum, his tenure is up. He will entertain the masses, but he will not be competitive.
02-22-2015, 08:23 AM
I tried to respond on the other site but it's so fucked up that it didn't take.

Agreed, his time is long gone, bit it's still cool to see a WSBK legend take to the track again, and I'm hoping he at least makes a good showing and beats a couple of the young guys.

I know that since Speed stopped showing the WSBK races, far fewer people see them, so hopefully once the GP season starts I'll have more people to discuss/debate the races with.
02-23-2015, 11:10 AM
I'll be your huckleberry! I can talk racing and bikes all day long. Just watched the races last night--Bayliss was holding his own. Hell, he was right there with ex MotoGp racer Randy De Puniet.

Not sure why Sykes is struggling..hmmm. You hitting up SMMR next month?

(02-22-2015 08:23 AM)R3K Wrote:  I tried to respond on the other site but it's so fucked up that it didn't take.

Agreed, his time is long gone, bit it's still cool to see a WSBK legend take to the track again, and I'm hoping he at least makes a good showing and beats a couple of the young guys.

I know that since Speed stopped showing the WSBK races, far fewer people see them, so hopefully once the GP season starts I'll have more people to discuss/debate the races with.
02-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Those WSBK races were sick!! Some of the best racing I have seen.

I was also pleased to see MV doing so well in WSS!
02-23-2015, 09:18 PM
That win by Haslem was crazzy! Great battle last few laps.

quote='dazo' pid='19901' dateline='1424718073']

[/quote]
02-24-2015, 10:32 AM
(02-23-2015 09:18 PM)Mototrav22 Wrote:  That win by Haslem was crazzy! Great battle last few laps.

[/quote]

Just some friendly advice....don't give away the race results in these posts. Not everyone watches the races on race weekend so you spoil it for those that are playing catch up (I've only watched race 1 so far but now I know who won race 2). Here's what you do to discuss race details and results. Start an entirely new thread but put "***SPOILER***" in the tread title. That way people know up front that race results will be in that thread before they click on it. Example: "WSBK Philip Island race 1 ***SPOILER***".

I agree, Troy Bayliss did a lot better than I thought he would, and for a dude that will be 46 years old next month, that was awesome!

I will probably do Pahrump next month but I'm not sure if I'll do Saturday only or give racing a try on Sunday. I'm itching to get started tho! You got your bike all ready for the season?

Dazo what are your plans for the first Pahrump weekend next month?
02-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Bikes almost ready... need some new rubber. I am planning on going, but depends on my new job schedule.

(02-24-2015 10:32 AM)R3K Wrote:  
(02-23-2015 09:18 PM)Mototrav22 Wrote:  That win by Haslem was crazzy! Great battle last few laps.

Just some friendly advice....don't give away the race results in these posts. Not everyone watches the races on race weekend so you spoil it for those that are playing catch up (I've only watched race 1 so far but now I know who won race 2). Here's what you do to discuss race details and results. Start an entirely new thread but put "***SPOILER***" in the tread title. That way people know up front that race results will be in that thread before they click on it. Example: "WSBK Philip Island race 1 ***SPOILER***".

I agree, Troy Bayliss did a lot better than I thought he would, and for a dude that will be 46 years old next month, that was awesome!

I will probably do Pahrump next month but I'm not sure if I'll do Saturday only or give racing a try on Sunday. I'm itching to get started tho! You got your bike all ready for the season?

Dazo what are your plans for the first Pahrump weekend next month?
[/quote]
02-25-2015, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 01:34 PM by dazo.)
@R3K
I am going to Streets of Willow next weekend. So that will be my first weekend on the new bike. I will see how things go there and make my decisions after that. I am on the fence about that Pahrump weekend. If I like the way the bike feels I may also try racing on Sunday.
Either way I am going to stick around Sunday and watch.

I will be for sure racing in the fall though, I will be 40 then and can race with the other older dudes in the Formula 40 class.
02-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Dazo, what tires are you running?

(02-25-2015 01:15 PM)dazo Wrote:  @R3K
I am going to Streets of Willow next weekend. So that will be my first weekend on the new bike. I will see how things go there and make my decisions after that. I am on the fence about that Pahrump weekend. If I like the way the bike feels I may also try racing on Sunday.
Either way I am going to stick around Sunday and watch.

I will be for sure racing in the fall though, I will be 40 then and can race with the other older dudes in the Formula 40 class.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious