Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Test Ride Thursday!!! December 19, 2013
12-19-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Test Ride Thursday!!! December 19, 2013
(12-19-2013 09:49 AM)That Guy Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 09:12 AM)jimi_hoffa Wrote:  I may be running late. I've got a maintenance at 11 and duration is unknown.

*cough* (click here) shameless plug *cough*

- Justin

LOL, I do network/system design and deployment. My maintenance involves bring a bunch of systems off line for updates. Not moving in on your territory!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 10:07 AM
gotcha! well doesnt hurt to get it out there anyway! LOL.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
12-19-2013, 03:27 PM
YO yO Howd the test ride go!? Been slammed all day, just not got a chance to post!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
12-19-2013, 04:03 PM
(12-19-2013 03:27 PM)ars0n Wrote:  YO yO Howd the test ride go!? Been slammed all day, just not got a chance to post!

No, they changed the rules on me since the last time I was there, test rides for used are on approved credit only and none at all on new bikes. And naturally I don't have approved credit, so going there was a waste of my time. Plus the 600 was in the shop anyways getting a brake job. Oh well, good times though, got to see the new 2014 300, it's pretty cool.
12-19-2013, 05:15 PM
(12-19-2013 04:03 PM)FrstbteAlchmst Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 03:27 PM)ars0n Wrote:  YO yO Howd the test ride go!? Been slammed all day, just not got a chance to post!

No, they changed the rules on me since the last time I was there, test rides for used are on approved credit only and none at all on new bikes. And naturally I don't have approved credit, so going there was a waste of my time. Plus the 600 was in the shop anyways getting a brake job. Oh well, good times though, got to see the new 2014 300, it's pretty cool.

Ahh bummer!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
12-19-2013, 09:19 PM
After looking at the inventory, I'm convinced that these dealerships are absolutely insane. Over $10K for a bone stock 2008 Gixxer 1000 with over 26K miles on it? No fucking way!!! Brand new in 2008 the MSRP was $11,500. Hell, I bought my Gixxer 1000 when it was only 2 years old, had 6K+ miles on it, was also bone stock, and paid significantly less. Using their pricing scheme, considering all the mods I've done to my bike, it's worth like $30 grand!!!
12-19-2013, 09:33 PM
They usually have factory backed incentives on the new stuff. Not so on the used stuff. So they NEED to mark up the used bikes in order to make a slight profit.

Couple months ago I was considering a new 7-fiddy, and they had them marked down to Less than 10k. Figured for a fraction of that I could rebuild mine.

Anyway, sorry to hear the test ride didn't work out.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
12-20-2013, 05:35 AM
they dont make any money on the new vehicles... all the money is usually made on used, AND dealers can arrange financing, which is why someone in the market for a used bike may be willing to pay more at a dealer because they can finance it, vs coming up with the cash from a private party sale. Simple economics really.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious