Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Test Ride Thursday!!! December 19, 2013
12-18-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Test Ride Thursday!!! December 19, 2013
(12-18-2013 05:34 AM)That Guy Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 12:37 AM)jimi_hoffa Wrote:  Because the MV is 24k, but super rare/unique. I also don't need another supersport.

disregard, didnt see this. but having owned one, I have no reservations about helping talk you out of one.

at 24K you must be looking at a F4 Senna (or other similar limited edition) or perhaps a loaded 312R and im guessing pre 2010? I got to ride a 2008 F4 CC once. Talk about terrifying throwing your leg over a $130K bike! If your looking at a post 2010 your friend is ripping you off. They retailed for $18K and only one trim level with bolt-ons you could add but nothing that really increased the value unless you went with magnesium wheels and swinger.

- Justin

It's an 08 F4 1078 RR 312. Everything that can be done to the bike is done. Carbon bits everywhere, engine work(although I didn't get an exact list), full custom Bodis exhaust, carbon wheels. There's nothing left to be done to it. And 2200 miles.

Video cuts off because I didn't think the mic was getting the sound at that distance.

http://imgur.com/a/QXTIH

The price was his start point, I'm sure it's lower even considering what's into the bike if I started haggling with him. All of that said, while I would love to own the bike, I've heard similar things in regards to maintenance and upkeep. Not to mention the hassle people run into with repairs/parts. Also, it's a shit ton of money which I can not justify in any way other than, "I wanna ride it, the exhaust sounds amazing, it's rare this might be one of your only chances to own one!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 09:53 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
(12-18-2013 11:20 AM)jimi_hoffa Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 05:34 AM)That Guy Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 12:37 AM)jimi_hoffa Wrote:  Because the MV is 24k, but super rare/unique. I also don't need another supersport.

disregard, didnt see this. but having owned one, I have no reservations about helping talk you out of one.

at 24K you must be looking at a F4 Senna (or other similar limited edition) or perhaps a loaded 312R and im guessing pre 2010? I got to ride a 2008 F4 CC once. Talk about terrifying throwing your leg over a $130K bike! If your looking at a post 2010 your friend is ripping you off. They retailed for $18K and only one trim level with bolt-ons you could add but nothing that really increased the value unless you went with magnesium wheels and swinger.

- Justin

It's an 08 F4 1078 RR 312. Everything that can be done to the bike is done. Carbon bits everywhere, engine work(although I didn't get an exact list), full custom Bodis exhaust, carbon wheels. There's nothing left to be done to it. And 2200 miles.

Video cuts off because I didn't think the mic was getting the sound at that distance.

http://imgur.com/a/QXTIH

The price was his start point, I'm sure it's lower even considering what's into the bike if I started haggling with him. All of that said, while I would love to own the bike, I've heard similar things in regards to maintenance and upkeep. Not to mention the hassle people run into with repairs/parts. Also, it's a shit ton of money which I can not justify in any way other than, "I wanna ride it, the exhaust sounds amazing, it's rare this might be one of your only chances to own one!"
I thought I was gonna be buried with my bike... Mine was a rare one for sure. I traced it back to Pro Italia out of LA as the original importer and it ended up in Denver at Fay Myers for sale (one of the few licensed MV dealers) and then was traded back by the original owner, and thats when I got it as the second owner. LOVED and still do love the bike, BUT I never really rode the thing because of constant maintenance and fear that it was worth WAY LESS to the insurance company than it was to me and a parking lot drop would total it out. It was an orange/black and supposedly only one of 25 that were imported with that factory color scheme. Parts availability and all the god damned special tools required made it just completely impractical to own. Insurance was through the roof because it was an exotic.

Mine had some bits on it tho. Carbon everywhere, Arrow full ti system with shorty can, arrow dampener, Renthal bars off a Ducati monster 1100, LED signals that I integrated into the tail section grab handles, upgraded fuel lines, braided stainless brake lines, lane splitter mirrors... all kinds of goodies. Got the bike with 2k on it and sold it with 11k after owning it for 2 days shy of 4 years. Ive put more miles on my Magna and RC51 in the last 9 months than I did on my MV the entire 4 years.

My thoughts on it: nice to say you have one, but no other real benefits to owning it.

I will also say it handled like it was on rails but was HORRIFICALLY uncomfortable. I think an F4 would have suited me better tho with the added length. I liked the sorta-streetfighter look of the brutie better tho.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
12-18-2013, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 04:30 PM by ars0n.)
and why in gods name would you want to run carbon wheels on the street?

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

12-18-2013, 04:30 PM
When you have money, you dont give a shiet =D

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
12-18-2013, 05:21 PM
(12-18-2013 04:23 PM)That Guy Wrote:  and why in gods name would you want to run carbon wheels on the street?

- Justin

Yea well, the guy who owns it is rich. Stupid rich, but not idiotically rich. Actually I don't even think there was a ton if weight difference from the stock forged wheels to the full carbons. I suppose when you've got a ton of money you can just say f'it and replace everything with carbon.
12-18-2013, 05:54 PM
(12-18-2013 05:21 PM)jimi_hoffa Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 04:23 PM)That Guy Wrote:  and why in gods name would you want to run carbon wheels on the street?

- Justin

Yea well, the guy who owns it is rich. Stupid rich, but not idiotically rich....

You sure? he did buy an MV Agusta...

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

12-18-2013, 06:14 PM
(12-18-2013 05:54 PM)That Guy Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 05:21 PM)jimi_hoffa Wrote:  

- Justin

Yea well, the guy who owns it is rich. Stupid rich, but not idiotically rich....

You sure? he did buy an MV Agusta...

- J

Well he had a Multistrada, Panigale S, HP4, F4, Brutale, and a GSXR1000. His garage was large than the entire downstairs of my house. If he was poor I'm quitting my job tomorrow. Big Grin
12-19-2013, 01:32 AM
I'll see u guys there at noon, and we can decide then when to eat lunch.
12-19-2013, 09:12 AM
I may be running late. I've got a maintenance at 11 and duration is unknown.
12-19-2013, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 09:54 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
(12-19-2013 09:12 AM)jimi_hoffa Wrote:  I may be running late. I've got a maintenance at 11 and duration is unknown.

*cough* (click here) shameless plug *cough*

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious