Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Sunday 3/16/14 Not Your Normal Death Valley Ride!
03-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Sunday 3/16/14 Not Your Normal Death Valley Ride!
Death Valley Ride!

I am going to ride past Furnace Creek and run the sweeping turn section beyond where we normally gas and return home from. We will be meeting at 8:00am on Sunday March 16th with K/U at 8:20am at the gas station at the intersection of Blue Diamond Rd and Pahrump Valley Rd. It is where we have met in the past for Death Valley rides. They are NV-159 and NV-160. This ride is approximately 170 miles to the turn around, so 340 round trip. Google Maps estimates 3 hours there and 3 hours back. So we will be coming back around 12:30 to 1:00pm and get home around 4:30 to 5:00pm.

Here is a map of the route: http://goo.gl/maps/WdCrq

I plan on returning the same way to be sure to get everyone home in a timely fashion, however if we have enough time we can return via 178/Badwater road. That is the normal run through the southern end of Death Valley past Badwater.

Be sure to come dressed for the ride: Helmet, Boots, Gloves, Riding Jacket, and Riding Pants. I suggest bringing water or any other items that you may think you will need. We will stop for food along the route but will talk about where before we leave at K/U at 8:20. Always remember this is a ride and not a race. Please ride respectfully and safely.

Hope to see everyone there! Should be a fun ride!

P.S. Sorry for the late post, but I did announce this last Sunday at the monthly meeting. Hope I don't disrupt those that want to do the normal RR Sunday ride.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: Sunday 3/16/14 Not Your Normal Death Valley Ride!
In +1 Join us for a fantastic ride!!
03-14-2014, 06:40 AM
RE: Sunday 3/16/14 Not Your Normal Death Valley Ride!
I wish! I picked up to work this weekend sorry fellas, Out!

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious