Poll: Good idea?
Great idea!!
Horrible idea!!
I'll let you know after I see the 7th movie
[Show Results]

Rate Thread
11-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Star Wars
So for those of you who don't know, Lucas sold the rights to the entire Star Wars franchise to Disney, and they're making movies 7, 8, and 9. What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Can't wait? Going to pretend it never happened?

[Image: xzGh2c9bGkyZbaOK3JWnvg2.jpg]

[Image: e5UglKJReEadB3i2JZKwCw2.jpg]

[Image: hbWso9zH8kaPaSTnCp7byw2.jpg]

[Image: pSiqDkXpRkWGd4k3_I5_mQ2.jpg]

[Image: Od-iggCY9k2vBCJP-V1naA2.jpg]

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 08:05 AM
RE: Star Wars
If they stay true to the origanal idea or concept of Star Wars it should be good. If they try to make it more of a 21 centery modern movie it could lose the Force per say. Lol
11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I think it's great to have a new investor provide a fresh vantage point and with Disney financial backing I think this will really bring back the Star Wars Brand fast & furious!!!!

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
11-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Okay... I've put way too much thought into this, and this is the opinion I came up with:

The idea of creating Star Wars 7, 8, and 9 is a great idea. There is SO much more to the Star Wars universe than just the 6 movies. The complete story is so unbelievably rich and dense, that it would be a shame to just give such a brief glimpse, especially right in the middle (lots of stuff happened before Episode 1 and lots of stuff happens after Episode 6).

That being said, giving it to Disney to do is a horrible idea. Disney was great and wonderful and original back in the day. But after the death of Frank Wells (the President of Disney 1984-1994) Disney lost it's creativity, and seemed to become more concerned with turning a profit in any way they could, rather than putting out quality entertainment. This very well could be me looking through rose-colored glasses at my youth, but when you look at what was done in such a short period of time (Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Lion King, Brave Little Toaster, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Beauty and the Beast, Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story, Pocahontas, The Hunchback...) it really seems, at least to me, to be the Golden Age of Disney.

Afterwards they kind of just fed off of those successes and turn out sequel after sequel in an attempt to raise revenue. I'm in no way saying that I don't like Cars, or Finding Nemo, or the Incredibles. But when you compare them to the standards of the Lion King they just kind of fall short.

So I'm really worried that Disney is just going to use Star Wars, and the momentum it's gained with children via Clone Wars and other branding campaigns to try to get money, rather than portraying the Universe as it should be portrayed. But I (New) Hope that I'll be pleasantly surprised when it does come out...

**2013-2016 Secretary**
11-12-2012, 10:20 AM
What's star wars

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Rofl2

11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Get Mel Brooks to direct them

Cycle Sports TV
11-12-2012, 10:05 PM
(11-12-2012 06:30 PM)vegasvideo Wrote:  Get Mel Brooks to direct them

Starring Christopher Walkin as Luke Skywalker and Keanu Reeves as Darth Caedus (Jacen Solo).

**2013-2016 Secretary**
11-12-2012, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 11:47 PM by JetMech.)
Speaking of Star Wars. A litte feel good video. Lets see Disney top this!

11-14-2012, 01:00 PM
[Image: TEg0oY8FxUGM-fJe7VMMYQ2.jpg]

Evidence of my claim...

**2013-2016 Secretary**