Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Shop Target lately? Check your account.
12-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Shop Target lately? Check your account.
Target was breached recently. (I won't say hacked because we all know that's when you didn't log out of Facebook and someone else updated your profile with imaginary details)

If you shopped at Target between Black Friday and December 15th, check your bank account or credit card statement carefully. I actually had a bogus $313 charge show up within a week of shopping there the day after Black Friday. My bank cleared it for me, but it took a few days.

Some 40 million credit and debit cards may have been affected. This does not reach into Canada, since they're on a different system.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/12/sourc...ta-breach/

FJR1300, ZRX1100
[Image: Amry_patches-sm.png][Image: visited_states.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: Shop Target lately? Check your account.
Never keep money in my checking (card is tied to) no over draft protection also. If they ever tried to take anything out, they would need to know when my bills come in and when I transfer money to pay them and if its more then what ever is in the account it cancels the charge..

But whenever I can I use paypal for all online ordering if avail. Will be keeping any eye on my account, but should be good. ::crosses fingers::

More importantly..

WHY IS TARGET STORING THIS INFORMATION!?!?!?!?!?!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
12-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Target didn't store anything... it was a whole network of folks that put on capture devices inline on the card swiper cables, they speculate by distraction of the cashier... this went on from black Friday until the 15th of this month before it was discovered. Thats the latest that I have seen on it although they haven't officially said anything yet.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
12-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Uhh all the stories I have read state that there networks had been breached, had nothing to do with inline swipes..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

12-20-2013, 12:04 PM
actually target just released a statement, their networks have in fact in breached, so yes, they have storing all CC transactions.. thought this was illegal with out our consent..

12-20-2013, 12:06 PM
oh, wow, OK... well I read the swiper thing yesterday.

Yeah they really shouldn't be storing the info, but im not entirely sure its illegal to do so. I have been wrong before though. stored for batch processing later maybe?

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

12-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Perhaps, but still that shit should be purged. Ridiculous.. Maybe target is looking for some new IT folk. =D

12-20-2013, 12:27 PM
still the crazy thing is that it went on for 3 WEEKS!!!! before anyone noticed anything.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

12-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Cash is King!

Other than flights, hotels or rental cars, I try to pay cash and not use a debit or credit card. I make one big withdraw per pay period and then pay everything in cash. When it comes to paying bills, I am fortunate to have direct deposit that will allow me to split up the deposit. A certain amount will go in one account to pay my bills, and the balance into my other account that receives the bulk of the money.
12-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Stopped using CCs & DCs at gas stations years ago. Got money sucked out of my account a couple of times. The Bank made it good, but still a pain in the ass.

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious