Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Save a few bucks on an annual fed pass
12-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Save a few bucks on an annual fed pass
I was told this awhile ago and didn't believe it. If you purchase the "America The Beautiful" annual pass, which is $80 it allows the two signers on it to ride two separate motorcycles (with unlimited passengers, oh boy!) into "any" federal park.

This basically means for $80, you and your wife, or SO, or buddy, can go into Lake Mead AND Red Rock. Lake Mead would be $60 for both of you, so tack on an extra $20 and you get Red Rock as well. But wait, there's more. If you own multiple vehicles (like me) you don't need ANOTHER pass, you can use this one as well. Great if you have a truck you use to haul other equipment.

http://store.usgs.gov/pass/annual.html

6.What about motorcycle drivers who purchase an Annual Pass?
An Annual Pass permits entrance for two motorcycles IF the two people who sign the pass arrive at the same time on two motorcycles, regardless of the number of people on each motorcycle.

Just something nice to think about, especially for Christmas gifts, haha!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2013, 02:24 AM
RE: Save a few bucks on an annual fed pass
I have one of these now for second year in a row. You can't imagine how much use you get out of them. The Grand Canyon is $25, Brice is $20, and Zion is $15 or $20 too. Last year I spent $80 for the pass but if I paid for each one separately, it would have cost me close to $800 if not way more. No state parks are included ie Valley of Fire, but the amount of places that do will blow your mind. Once you start looking for places you can use the pass you will find some of the coolest places on earth to travel to and ride through. Best $80s I spend all year and I'll keep buying them each year.

Here's a pro tip too: if you buy them on the first of any month you will essentially get 13 months use. They simply punch out the month you bought it and are able to use the pass until the next year and the month is over. For example if you buy January 1st 2014, you will not need to get an other pass for the next full year and through January. So the next pass you will not need to buy until Febuary 1st 2015 and so on.

Great rides await,
TapperLV
12-14-2013, 09:20 AM
RE: Save a few bucks on an annual fed pass
(12-14-2013 02:24 AM)TapperLV Wrote:  I have one of these now for second year in a row. You can't imagine how much use you get out of them. The Grand Canyon is $25, Brice is $20, and Zion is $15 or $20 too. Last year I spent $80 for the pass but if I paid for each one separately, it would have cost me close to $800 if not way more. No state parks are included ie Valley of Fire, but the amount of places that do will blow your mind. Once you start looking for places you can use the pass you will find some of the coolest places on earth to travel to and ride through. Best $80s I spend all year and I'll keep buying them each year.

Here's a pro tip too: if you buy them on the first of any month you will essentially get 13 months use. They simply punch out the month you bought it and are able to use the pass until the next year and the month is over. For example if you buy January 1st 2014, you will not need to get an other pass for the next full year and through January. So the next pass you will not need to buy until Febuary 1st 2015 and so on.

Great rides await,
TapperLV
You have learned much grasshopper...

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious