Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Saturday 08/16/14 - Warren "Slinky" memorial ride.
08-14-2014, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2014 09:23 PM by jimi_hoffa.)
Saturday 08/16/14 - Warren "Slinky" memorial ride.
I didn't see any mention on the boards, and I know you guys rode with Warren quite often.

I'm not sure if this Facebook group link will work; https://www.facebook.com/events/34316483...r=upcoming

This is a direct copy from the Facebook group notice.

MEET UP LOCATION (ignore the map): Chevron on Horizon at US 95 at 8 am, k/u at 9 am.

Ok so here are some details The Memorial ride will be a long one with a gas stop. The ride portion of the ride will cover about 120+ miles. We will Start in Henderson, Hit the lake, come out in NLV then take lamb to 215, hit RR (do the loop), Meet up with any stragglers or others re group, and head to mountain springs saloon, then finish the RIDE portion at BMW of Las Vegas for a meet with his brother Murray Pratt (for all that want to pay there respects to his family). Then for those who are interested there is a Picnic and Charity back pack drive at the park on Craig. In leu of flowers donations will be accepted at BMW with proceeds going to opportunity village which was one of Slinkys favorite charities. I will update the route and set all of the times soon so stay tuned. Again ALL are welcome, you can follow or meet us at the various locations along the way, or meet us at BMW. For those of you that can't make the ride we have the picnic and I will update the info on that here. So again please be patient with me I am trying to do this while I am working as well. Stay tuned. For those of you that have ridden or hung out with Slinky you KNOW that he liked to ride and this is how he would have wanted it! https://maps.yahoo.com/directions/?lat=3...115.475014
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: Saturday 08/16/14 - Warren "Slinky" memorial ride.
That map is shit, other than the route I think they are going to take. Meet up is 95 and Horizon apparently.
08-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Working until 3 in the morning. Gonna try hard to make it. What's the water street start? Sure it's 95 and horizon? What side?

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
08-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Meet up is for certain: Chevron on Horizon at US 95 at 8 am, k/u at 9 am.

Take the map with a grain of salt. It looks like that's the route they are taking, but the start is wrong.
08-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Crap! I've been waiting to hear about his memorial ride ever since we got the news, but I'm gonna be out of town this weekend... I am so unbelievably bummed Sad5

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
08-15-2014, 04:13 PM
the route is explained in the latest version of the event. Meet up is at the Chevron on Horizon and 95. Hitting the lake, Red Rock and Summit finishing off at BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas. Sorry if the criteria didn't meet your standards, but it has been a lot to deal with on many levels. We are gonna ride and that is ultimately what it is about in the end. Hope you all come out to pay your respects to a good guy who just loved to ride.

Road Block
08-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey man. Absolutely zero disrespect meant. I just wanted to make sure everyone who wants to pay their respects knew where to be and when to be there. I imagine the coordination is a serious pain in ass. I appreciate it, and more importantly Warren would appreciate it.
08-16-2014, 01:22 AM
Anyone else riding on here?

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
08-16-2014, 04:22 AM
Out got to work

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
08-16-2014, 07:57 AM
in

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious