Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Ride SMMR's New Track with TrackXperience Nov. 2-3!!
11-06-2013, 02:44 PM
RE: Ride SMMR's New Track with TrackXperience Nov. 2-3!!
(11-06-2013 11:35 AM)ursanam Wrote:  Thank you Jordon (Geared-up Moto) and Rob (TrackXperience) for the response. I appreciate the sentiment that we all enjoy riding, trackdays are the best avenues to push the bike and ourselves and that there are not that many organizations with trackdays in SoNV. Trust me, I support the effort wholeheartedly. That's why my frustration was with the situation and not necessarily with Rob.

It may have been a communication error on my part or a misunderstanding, I do not know. It's good that we are having this discussion so that we can put this behind us and in future somethign like this doesnt happen. My frustration was just that if I have to specifically ask for customer service then it is not necessarily customer service. A prompted service is not customer service. Again, no one is obligated to do anything--neither me nor the organizers--but if at the end of the day everyone can go home with a sense of satisfaction then it's win-win for all. This was my second trackday with Trackxperience in the past one month and I thought that Rob was the head hauncho there since he ran the rider's meeting etc. I am not a haggling person, Rob told me what was the best they/he could do and I took it at it's face value and moved on.

Let me give two examples:
1. I was doing a lot of kart trackdays this summer and one day I had a new motor in my kart and I asked to go for a few laps before everyone else in the session to set the carbs. The organizers obliged but as soon as I got on the track, the engine died and then wouldnt start. i packed up and went to the organizers to thank them for their help and let them know that I was leaving and will be back in two weeks or so. The organizer took money out of his pocket and gave it to me. He said, I didn't get to ride much that day and he didnt feel it was ok for him to keep the money. I didn't want it back, told him to keep it and let me ride when I don't have the money in the future sometime. All of this was unprompted.

2. In July I was at Hakkasan restaurant for dinner with my wife. My 5yr old was at home and I had told the sitter to call me if she saw him have any allergice reaction (he's allergice to a lot of stuff). The restuarant makes u order the entire meal together. We ordered the entire meal but were just done with the appetizers when I got a text from the sitter that he had rashes on his chin. That's the first sign of a reaction. I told server about the situation and that I would pay for the whole bill but have to leave. The manager came with the check and it was $0 (I'm estimating that my bill would have been well over $200)! He said, that I can pay him the next time I visit the restaurant. He didn't have to do it but I was greatful that he did and we went back the next month for my wife's birthday. All of that was unprompted.

So Rob, your comment "I don't hear you say that you are going to sign up for Sunday, if you do then I will give you 25% off" was unnecessary. If I had the money to sign up for sunday then I would have signed up already. You could have offered or checked with your superiors to see what else could be done at no cost to the organization. The way some people on the track explained it to me, having one additional rider on Sunday would not have caused you any additional money since the track rental is independent of the number of people. It wasn't certain that I would have been able to get the clip-on and back on sunday but that would have defintely elevated TrackXperience to a whole new level for me. Like everyone else on this board, I save up to go to the track and my wife would kick me out of the house if I blow up everything on a trackday Evil5

Let's just close this chapter and move on. I'm looking forward to the next trackday in LV. Rob, I will come find you in the pits next time and we can clear the air and enjoy some riding.

Cheers everyone!!!

It sounds like everyone is somewhat on the same page and the situation has gone in a more positive direction. Im glad that everyone was open minded and mature about the way the situation was handled. Usernam, you should definitely call Jim Hoskins and speak to him. If you are a good person and treat him well in your conversation, I can almost guarantee he will help you out or take care of you. I have instructed, ran schools and tuned suspension for at least 8 or 9 different organizations and Track Xperience is one the most laid back, kind, caring group of people that I have dealt with. The sport bike community is very small so in this rough economy or if problems arise, we all need to keep communication open in order to keep the wheels turning. Thank you Rob and Usernam for both dealing with the issue like gentleman. Looking forward to seeing all of you at Chuckawalla! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: Ride SMMR's New Track with TrackXperience Nov. 2-3!!
Called Rob from TE today. Cleared the air about a few things. Rob mentioned he will make some changes to his riders meeting and possibly in a few other spots based On some feedback that I have him. good to see that the line of communication was opened and and that says a lot about about the organization. No keyboard jockeys here. So again air is cleared, and I certainly appreciate Rob taking my call.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious