Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Ride SMMR's New Track with TrackXperience Nov. 2-3!!
11-05-2013, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 07:07 PM by Geared Up Moto.)
RE: Ride SMMR's New Track with TrackXperience Nov. 2-3!!
Hey guys, Im sorry to hear about your experiences with Track Xperience. Im curious, did you guys try to speak with Jim Hoskins or James Morse directly? They are both great guys and anytime Geared Up has had an issue or any of our customers, the owners have been more than willing to work with us, correct the issue and make things right! Maybe it was a simple miss communication? Sometimes there is alot going on and you have to go straight to the top to get the results you are looking for. I will be sure to talk to Track Xperience for you and let them know directly. Im sure they would like to know if there is a problem and they would be happy to fix it. Our experience with the company has always been very positive and we loooooooove the new track! Keep in mind, because we were on a new track, things are going to be hectic and there are going to be bugs and the organization will need a weekend or two to work things out. But they cant change what they dont know so next time please dont be soo quick to slam the people that work very hard to get all of us out on the track. There are very few track day companies left. They need our feedback and appreciation as much as we need theirs. Ya know? Communication is soo important as a business owner or as a customer. Thank you for all who came out and I am sorry for the few who ran into issues. Hopefully we can all work together to get things resolved. Looking forward to seeing you all at the next track day! Ride smart, ride hard, ride Geared Up!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 07:00 PM
(11-03-2013 10:45 PM)ursanam Wrote:  Ok, so here is my take on the weekend:

1. About Track--
Although I was able to do only two sessions (more on that later) the new track is awesome!!! 70% of the track is fast and flowing, the remaining seemed more like point and shoot. There is one section of the track which has significant elevation change. We lost a good track at Pahrump but this one is a good alternative. The track exit is a little tricky though.

2. About TrackXperience:
Just when I was getting ready to go out for the third session (11.40AM), as I took my bike off the rear stand, the bike slipped from my hand and I couldn't pull it back up so had to lay it down on the throttle side. I don't know what happened but the clip-on sheared off right at point where the stock clip-on threads into the rod. A rare and unfortunate mishap. I am sure that there must have been an internal flaw or something coz the bike didn't go down hard. I am glad that it happened in the pits rather than a fast right-hander. I did not have spare clip-ons, Geared up moto tried to help but they didn’t have anything. I drove to the Kawasaki store in Pahrump but to no avail. I called Carter Powersport and Yamaha dealership and none of them had it in stock. So that basically meant that my day was done after just one session (first was lead follow)! A friend of mine said that he may have a spare at his house in Henderson but there was no way I was going to make it to Henderson and be back in time to salvage the day.
I walked over to an instructor-- who was helping me with some corners in the second session and with whom I was supposed to go out in the third session-- to apologize for not showing up and to let him know that I was packed and leaving. He was very kind and suggested he would talk to Rob, of TrackXperience, as my situation was very unique and see if Rob would let me ride on Sunday if I could get the clip-on since I wasn't able to ride on Saturday. I had not even thought of that scenario so it was really very kind of the instructor to even propose the possibility. He went and spoke with Rob and Rob walked over to me and said that if I sign up for Sunday he would give me $30 off from the regular $165.
This, I thought, was really unfortunate. There always comes a time where an owner/organizer can go beyond the $$ and do something on a case by case basis to extend the relationship. I had already explained to Rob that it was not certain that I would be able to even get the clip-on from my friend. In retrospect, I think that he could have said that it's a freak accident and if I could get it fixed then I could come back and ride on Sunday. It wasn't a crash on the track, just a very bizarre event that negated pretty much all my day. But he wanted me to sign up for Sunday. There is nothing wrong in that by itself, it’s a business and they are there to make some money, but I spoke with several people on the track and they were surprised that TrackXperience didn’t offer Sunday. Another guy had a similar thing happen (I think it was SoCal) where something similar happened the very first session of Saturday. SoCal asked him to come back on Sunday if he could get it fixed (he did not go back but appreciated the extension of that courtesy). I think in situations like this it shows the human side of the business. If I had crashed then that’s a totally different situation.

I don’t know what it all means but the more people I talk to the more it disturbs me and I thought that I would vent here.

Sorry we didnt have a clip on for you my friend. If youd like to order aftermarket woodcraft clip ons, I would be willing to give you wholesale on them to help make up for it. The aftermarket ones are nice because you can buy extra bars for $15 to $20 a piece and then you have spares if something happens, they are cheap and super easy to replace! Let us know brother. Its hard to stock parts for 100 different makes and models when the economy is down like this but we will always help out if we can to our fellow riders! Smile
11-06-2013, 07:38 AM
(11-03-2013 10:45 PM)ursanam Wrote:  Ok, so here is my take on the weekend:

1. About Track--
Although I was able to do only two sessions (more on that later) the new track is awesome!!! 70% of the track is fast and flowing, the remaining seemed more like point and shoot. There is one section of the track which has significant elevation change. We lost a good track at Pahrump but this one is a good alternative. The track exit is a little tricky though.

2. About TrackXperience:
Just when I was getting ready to go out for the third session (11.40AM), as I took my bike off the rear stand, the bike slipped from my hand and I couldn't pull it back up so had to lay it down on the throttle side. I don't know what happened but the clip-on sheared off right at point where the stock clip-on threads into the rod. A rare and unfortunate mishap. I am sure that there must have been an internal flaw or something coz the bike didn't go down hard. I am glad that it happened in the pits rather than a fast right-hander. I did not have spare clip-ons, Geared up moto tried to help but they didn’t have anything. I drove to the Kawasaki store in Pahrump but to no avail. I called Carter Powersport and Yamaha dealership and none of them had it in stock. So that basically meant that my day was done after just one session (first was lead follow)! A friend of mine said that he may have a spare at his house in Henderson but there was no way I was going to make it to Henderson and be back in time to salvage the day.
I walked over to an instructor-- who was helping me with some corners in the second session and with whom I was supposed to go out in the third session-- to apologize for not showing up and to let him know that I was packed and leaving. He was very kind and suggested he would talk to Rob, of TrackXperience, as my situation was very unique and see if Rob would let me ride on Sunday if I could get the clip-on since I wasn't able to ride on Saturday. I had not even thought of that scenario so it was really very kind of the instructor to even propose the possibility. He went and spoke with Rob and Rob walked over to me and said that if I sign up for Sunday he would give me $30 off from the regular $165.
This, I thought, was really unfortunate. There always comes a time where an owner/organizer can go beyond the $$ and do something on a case by case basis to extend the relationship. I had already explained to Rob that it was not certain that I would be able to even get the clip-on from my friend. In retrospect, I think that he could have said that it's a freak accident and if I could get it fixed then I could come back and ride on Sunday. It wasn't a crash on the track, just a very bizarre event that negated pretty much all my day. But he wanted me to sign up for Sunday. There is nothing wrong in that by itself, it’s a business and they are there to make some money, but I spoke with several people on the track and they were surprised that TrackXperience didn’t offer Sunday. Another guy had a similar thing happen (I think it was SoCal) where something similar happened the very first session of Saturday. SoCal asked him to come back on Sunday if he could get it fixed (he did not go back but appreciated the extension of that courtesy). I think in situations like this it shows the human side of the business. If I had crashed then that’s a totally different situation.

I don’t know what it all means but the more people I talk to the more it disturbs me and I thought that I would vent here.

Our goal at TrackXperience is to provide our riders with the best riding experience possible. I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the 25% discount we agreed upon. Had I been aware that you were unhappy with the arrangement I would have suggested that you speak with Jim or James to discuss the matter further. We want customers, like yourself, to have a positive experience at all of our events. Our owners and staff are there to provide you with a safe & fun weekend; If something is not to your satisfaction we encourage you to talk to us personally so that we can help you enjoy your day of riding.
Please feel free to call Jim Hoskins in regard to your special circumstance; he can be reached at: 925-788-0082.
We look forward to riding with you again.

[Image: tx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 07:43 AM
(11-04-2013 10:54 AM)JetMech Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 07:07 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  I'm hoping to track day it on the next event that comes up with which ever organization BUT this has me second guessing it. Business is business but there should come a time in situations like yours that should require a hand.
After all you did pay for a day. What would of been the harm to give you the next day.
$165 or $135 is still a lot of money to have to pay twice for a lot of people.

I won't talk bad about anybody but this takes away from what this should be all about.
Riding.

Giving you the next day would of probably gained more fans for them. Now they may have lost a few.

I'd feel the same way in your shoes.....

I have been to several Track Experience events and I must say I am a bit disappointed in how they handle a few things. As much as they try to be organized, they really are not. I will no longer attend TE events. They lack professionalism and fail to realize the importance of keeping things organized and safe and that without positive attitudes towards the people that keep their organization running (the trackday riders), they will lose customers. They have lost one here already. That is all I am going to say on the matter.

+1 on feeling the way you do about the situation.

Forgive my ignorance, but when have we ever displayed a lack of professionalism, organization or most importantly...safety?

ALL of the staff members at TrackXperience are there for YOU the riders. We do this because we enjoy it. If you have had an unsatisfactory encounter with one of the TX staff PLEASE let me know so that it can be addressed. All of the feedback that I received from our customers this past weekend was 100% positive.

I'm sorry that you feel that we have fallen short of your expectations as a Track Day provider. If you can, please let me know what we did (didn't do?) to bring you to the conclusion that we acted un-professionally. You can contact me directly at 951-515-3344, or the TrackXperience owner Jim Hoskins at 925 788-0082.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

-Rob

11-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Well,I had a blast out there! The only problem I had was that I was the only one from our club. They did mess up on one session and brought us in 10 minutes early. They realized that and sent out groups 2&3 at the same time so Ihad a 30 minute session! Could've stayed out there the whole 40 minutes but I was beat! This was my 3rd time with trackxperience and it won't be my last! Finally met Rob! See you out there next time!

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
11-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Maybe we can get discounts as a club???
11-06-2013, 09:25 AM
(11-06-2013 07:43 AM)cbr rob Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 10:54 AM)JetMech Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 07:07 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  I'm hoping to track day it on the next event that comes up with which ever organization BUT this has me second guessing it. Business is business but there should come a time in situations like yours that should require a hand.
After all you did pay for a day. What would of been the harm to give you the next day.
$165 or $135 is still a lot of money to have to pay twice for a lot of people.

I won't talk bad about anybody but this takes away from what this should be all about.
Riding.

Giving you the next day would of probably gained more fans for them. Now they may have lost a few.

I'd feel the same way in your shoes.....

I have been to several Track Experience events and I must say I am a bit disappointed in how they handle a few things. As much as they try to be organized, they really are not. I will no longer attend TE events. They lack professionalism and fail to realize the importance of keeping things organized and safe and that without positive attitudes towards the people that keep their organization running (the trackday riders), they will lose customers. They have lost one here already. That is all I am going to say on the matter.

+1 on feeling the way you do about the situation.

Forgive my ignorance, but when have we ever displayed a lack of professionalism, organization or most importantly...safety?

ALL of the staff members at TrackXperience are there for YOU the riders. We do this because we enjoy it. If you have had an unsatisfactory encounter with one of the TX staff PLEASE let me know so that it can be addressed. All of the feedback that I received from our customers this past weekend was 100% positive.

I'm sorry that you feel that we have fallen short of your expectations as a Track Day provider. If you can, please let me know what we did (didn't do?) to bring you to the conclusion that we acted un-professionally. You can contact me directly at 951-515-3344, or the TrackXperience owner Jim Hoskins at 925 788-0082.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

-Rob

I will call you later in the day.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
11-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Thank you Jordon (Geared-up Moto) and Rob (TrackXperience) for the response. I appreciate the sentiment that we all enjoy riding, trackdays are the best avenues to push the bike and ourselves and that there are not that many organizations with trackdays in SoNV. Trust me, I support the effort wholeheartedly. That's why my frustration was with the situation and not necessarily with Rob.

It may have been a communication error on my part or a misunderstanding, I do not know. It's good that we are having this discussion so that we can put this behind us and in future somethign like this doesnt happen. My frustration was just that if I have to specifically ask for customer service then it is not necessarily customer service. A prompted service is not customer service. Again, no one is obligated to do anything--neither me nor the organizers--but if at the end of the day everyone can go home with a sense of satisfaction then it's win-win for all. This was my second trackday with Trackxperience in the past one month and I thought that Rob was the head hauncho there since he ran the rider's meeting etc. I am not a haggling person, Rob told me what was the best they/he could do and I took it at it's face value and moved on.

Let me give two examples:
1. I was doing a lot of kart trackdays this summer and one day I had a new motor in my kart and I asked to go for a few laps before everyone else in the session to set the carbs. The organizers obliged but as soon as I got on the track, the engine died and then wouldnt start. i packed up and went to the organizers to thank them for their help and let them know that I was leaving and will be back in two weeks or so. The organizer took money out of his pocket and gave it to me. He said, I didn't get to ride much that day and he didnt feel it was ok for him to keep the money. I didn't want it back, told him to keep it and let me ride when I don't have the money in the future sometime. All of this was unprompted.

2. In July I was at Hakkasan restaurant for dinner with my wife. My 5yr old was at home and I had told the sitter to call me if she saw him have any allergice reaction (he's allergice to a lot of stuff). The restuarant makes u order the entire meal together. We ordered the entire meal but were just done with the appetizers when I got a text from the sitter that he had rashes on his chin. That's the first sign of a reaction. I told server about the situation and that I would pay for the whole bill but have to leave. The manager came with the check and it was $0 (I'm estimating that my bill would have been well over $200)! He said, that I can pay him the next time I visit the restaurant. He didn't have to do it but I was greatful that he did and we went back the next month for my wife's birthday. All of that was unprompted.

So Rob, your comment "I don't hear you say that you are going to sign up for Sunday, if you do then I will give you 25% off" was unnecessary. If I had the money to sign up for sunday then I would have signed up already. You could have offered or checked with your superiors to see what else could be done at no cost to the organization. The way some people on the track explained it to me, having one additional rider on Sunday would not have caused you any additional money since the track rental is independent of the number of people. It wasn't certain that I would have been able to get the clip-on and back on sunday but that would have defintely elevated TrackXperience to a whole new level for me. Like everyone else on this board, I save up to go to the track and my wife would kick me out of the house if I blow up everything on a trackday Evil5

Let's just close this chapter and move on. I'm looking forward to the next trackday in LV. Rob, I will come find you in the pits next time and we can clear the air and enjoy some riding.

Cheers everyone!!!
11-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Manas sorry to hear about the accident, glad it was minor and you're ok.

Personally my experience with trackxperience have been great, the staff was really helpful and courteous all around. But I certainly understand where ursanam is coming from and would probably feel the same way if it happened to me. Good though that TrackXperience is stepping up to the plate and willing to discuss the issue.

Buy my stuff lol Shoei RF1100 faceshields for sale (should fit x12s too)

Bilt and teknic mesh jacket (small)

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Harbor-Fr...ess-12-ton
11-06-2013, 01:46 PM
(11-06-2013 11:35 AM)ursanam Wrote:  Thank you Jordon (Geared-up Moto) and Rob (TrackXperience) for the response. I appreciate the sentiment that we all enjoy riding, trackdays are the best avenues to push the bike and ourselves and that there are not that many organizations with trackdays in SoNV. Trust me, I support the effort wholeheartedly. That's why my frustration was with the situation and not necessarily with Rob.

It may have been a communication error on my part or a misunderstanding, I do not know. It's good that we are having this discussion so that we can put this behind us and in future somethign like this doesnt happen. My frustration was just that if I have to specifically ask for customer service then it is not necessarily customer service. A prompted service is not customer service. Again, no one is obligated to do anything--neither me nor the organizers--but if at the end of the day everyone can go home with a sense of satisfaction then it's win-win for all. This was my second trackday with Trackxperience in the past one month and I thought that Rob was the head hauncho there since he ran the rider's meeting etc. I am not a haggling person, Rob told me what was the best they/he could do and I took it at it's face value and moved on.

Let me give two examples:
1. I was doing a lot of kart trackdays this summer and one day I had a new motor in my kart and I asked to go for a few laps before everyone else in the session to set the carbs. The organizers obliged but as soon as I got on the track, the engine died and then wouldnt start. i packed up and went to the organizers to thank them for their help and let them know that I was leaving and will be back in two weeks or so. The organizer took money out of his pocket and gave it to me. He said, I didn't get to ride much that day and he didnt feel it was ok for him to keep the money. I didn't want it back, told him to keep it and let me ride when I don't have the money in the future sometime. All of this was unprompted.

2. In July I was at Hakkasan restaurant for dinner with my wife. My 5yr old was at home and I had told the sitter to call me if she saw him have any allergice reaction (he's allergice to a lot of stuff). The restuarant makes u order the entire meal together. We ordered the entire meal but were just done with the appetizers when I got a text from the sitter that he had rashes on his chin. That's the first sign of a reaction. I told server about the situation and that I would pay for the whole bill but have to leave. The manager came with the check and it was $0 (I'm estimating that my bill would have been well over $200)! He said, that I can pay him the next time I visit the restaurant. He didn't have to do it but I was greatful that he did and we went back the next month for my wife's birthday. All of that was unprompted.

So Rob, your comment "I don't hear you say that you are going to sign up for Sunday, if you do then I will give you 25% off" was unnecessary. If I had the money to sign up for sunday then I would have signed up already. You could have offered or checked with your superiors to see what else could be done at no cost to the organization. The way some people on the track explained it to me, having one additional rider on Sunday would not have caused you any additional money since the track rental is independent of the number of people. It wasn't certain that I would have been able to get the clip-on and back on sunday but that would have defintely elevated TrackXperience to a whole new level for me. Like everyone else on this board, I save up to go to the track and my wife would kick me out of the house if I blow up everything on a trackday Evil5

Let's just close this chapter and move on. I'm looking forward to the next trackday in LV. Rob, I will come find you in the pits next time and we can clear the air and enjoy some riding.

Cheers everyone!!!

Thanks so much for the response!

To be clear, I *do* understand where you are coming from. It is no fun to have an incident (on or off the track) that puts you or your bike out of commission early in the day. I appreciate that after speaking with one of our instructors (Mike) you explained to me what happened to your bike and asked if there was anything I could do to help you out. I confirmed with one of the owners that a discount towards the next day would be fine and made the offer. When you said "OK" I assumed we would see you on Sunday. Unfortunately, we did not.

I apologize that we did not meet your level of satisfaction at this event. Without you guys, there are no track days. I thank you for your feedback and would appreciate the chance to work with you at another event. Feel free to call my cell at 951-515-3344 or email me directly at rob@trackxperience.com.

Again, thank you for your input.

-Rob

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious